Sign in to follow this  
Javiz

Question for A/C developers: Anatomy of an FSX Aircraft

Looks familiar having done it 4 times....The week I spent in Evanston I might prefer to forget though....landing gear probs....finally xing those mtns meant freedom!Nice shot!GeofaMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

>What a great idea! I never look at the outside view...>GeofaHi Geof,At the risk of being slightly off topic here i'd like to ask you this purely out of curiosity. I 'know' you for many years now here at avsim. Always find your posts very interesting mainly because you are a RW pilot ( especially loved your 'RW versus sim' comparison posts :-cool ).Regarding your comment that you never use spotview or any other 'outside' view mode in our beloved virtual flying world i just can't help being very curious about the reason why...In your RW flying experience you are obviously confined to the cockpit during flight, a flight simulator however gives you a chance to magically 'step outside' and admire the sight of your aircraft and surroundings from a point of view a RW pilot will never ever get the chance to do so.I mean, aren't you leaving one of the great opportunities that a flight simulator can bring you for granted this way ??....I could really understand your reasoning if you *weren't* a RW pilot too ( like the most of us here i presume... :-) )i.e keep it 'as real as it gets' but since you *are* why leave a lot of the advantages that a flight simulator can bring you, and flying a real aircraft can obviously not, out of picture and fly your virtual aircraft exactly as you would fly your RW aircraft ?...I mean(2), you obviously *must* love the looks of an aircraft, and especially your own ( that beautiful Bonanza, right ??... :-) ) too, right ?....Just curious, Geof, hope you don't mind... :-cool Cheers,Jan

Jan