Sign in to follow this  
av8tor98

DA Cheyenne for FSX - how is it on framerates?

Guest davidvoogd

Just curious if those who own the DA Cheyenne for FSX could comment on how it is on framerates - relative to the Flight1 PC-12 / Aerosoft Twin Otter etc.Also how is it overall? I liked the FS9 one but the VC gave me quite a hit (on my old system).My system specs are Core2Duo E8500 @ 3.16ghz / 3GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 / Geforce 8800GT 512mb / Soundblaster Audigy XfI

I have both and i think the framerate hits about the same. Lovely plane to fly, still has some minor fixes going on, mainly in regards the gps but otherwise its great. Just check there website for the updates.

make sure to install the 1.02 beta update found on the DA forums as itll get rid of most of the gps crashes (but not all, still crashes sometimes when messing with adding approaches into the custom gps, i replaced its wx radar with a gns530 unit so i can add procedures without crashing)....and the pc-12 will have a greatly exaggerated nose down attitude on approach which can be fixed easily in the aircraft.cfg.As far as frame rates...I get better overall performance with this cheyenne than i can with the pc-12, although the cheyenne takes a long time to initially load up on my very old machine (P4 single core w/agp graphics)...with your machine you can run either one without hassle im sure, although you might still notice slightly better fps with the cheyenne im guessing.Both planes are must have's...tough to choose one over the other really. 2 great panels, 2 great sound sets, and both handfly well too.

I get respectable fps on my mid-range system. DA offers the option of replacing the digital vertical velocity indicator with a conventional instrument, which helps fps. I do get a drop of 3 to 5 fps using the VC compared to the 2d panel, but this has not been a problem except at very dense airports like KLAS. I had some problems with the out of memory error, but resolved it by using the 3 gb switch. It's my favorite aircraft in FSX.Dale

Dale

Good to see this thread. I have FS9 on another HD and run the Cheyenne on it with 40 FPS(locked) while in VC...unless of course there is a heavy cloud draw....then it goes down to 30. At any rate, I just installed FSX w/ Acceleration on another HD and installed the Carenado T34...FS9 version patched to FSX. Some VC texturing messed up on the wind screen and does not merge with the panel correctly. Like I said, it's all patched up for FSX.Point is, that alone prompted me to not install all addons into FSX yet. I know there are many issues with many addons like the Cheyenne that need correcting. I primarily use FS9 due to FS Passengers. Sure makes it worthwhile. Without FS Pax, FSX will only get the occassional attention from me until FsPX is released and most bugs worked out. Once that's done, I'm sure DA will have worked out enough of the bugs with the Cheyenne for me to install in FSX.