Sign in to follow this  
Guest byoungblood

Getting AI Planes to park on the tee

I've been working with some of my planes and have adjusted the contact points to line them up properly. This way the tug will line with the nose gear properly, and have also added the exits so the jetways will actually animate to the downloaded planes. Also I have been eliminating the bouncing effect on some aircraft. But one question remains, why doesn't the nose gear line up properly with the tee offset? I am to the understanding that AI planes will park in the center of the parking spot, but is there a way to have them park with nose gear at the top of the tee, and not past it?-CJ

Guest ziporama

This may be an alignment issue between the parking spot and the scenery markings. If that is the case, you may be able to make adjustments using a fantastic free tool like ADE (http://www.scruffyduck.org.uk/ade/)Etienne

Just beware, animated jetways for AI aircraft, initially eats alot of CPU cycles for about 2 minutes while all the jetways engage. This has a significant effect on performance with large amount of AI and busy airports. Made worse as you fly into other regions, and the process starts all over again. As a result, I have disengaged AI jetways, and only use them on my user aircraft.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

If I remember correctly, AI planes park in relation to the model's center point (this is not the center of the plane.) I have always seen AI park past the T. Jetway connections, and more, are based on the model center point. I think you would have to modify the model to do what you want. You can find more info in the FSX SDK.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Is there any easy way to disable jetway movement?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

The "T"s are a added XML tag in FSX that was not in FS9. To add all 4 or move the ones that FSX show we use a Airport Design Utility tool like ADE. There are 4 additional windows for each parking spot that allows you to add (if missing) up to 4 "T"'s so different size AI Planes will park with the nose wheel on the "T". Some of the more common "T" values for a large parking spot (40.10 meter) that will park anything from a B777 up to a A380 areT1= 64 ft.T2= 78 ft.T3= 82 ft.T4= 96 ft.JetwaysOne way to stop just the Jetways from moving is to rem // the first EXIT line in the aircraft.cfg. This will stop the Jetway from moving but the baggage conveyor will still animate.

Guest byoungblood

>This may be an alignment issue between the parking spot and>the scenery markings. If that is the case, you may be able to>make adjustments using a fantastic free tool like ADE>(http://www.scruffyduck.org.uk/ade/)>>EtiennePlacement of the parking spot in the .bgl file is what determines the location of the scenery markings.Bart

The "T"s are a added XML tag in FSX that was not in FS9.
What do you mean by XML tag ? Is there any other settings for "T"s that are somewhere in FSX ? I don't want to change all "T"s in all airports using some tool manually I want to change it in some of the FSX options.

What do you mean by XML tag ? Is there any other settings for "T"s that are somewhere in FSX ? I don't want to change all "T"s in all airports using some tool manually I want to change it in some of the FSX options.
I don't think you will find any "General" FSX options for doing this. So its down to each Airfieled/parking Spot to change the "T" offsets using an editor. :(

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.