Sign in to follow this  
flying_w

Viewing a list of FSX active AI Traffic

HiI just bought the JF Traffic X s/w. When I right click within FSX to change views I can select AI traffic - but because there are so many I cant see the complete list. Does anyone know how it is possible to see the list of all AI active either as a function within FSX or something operating outside of it? I appreciate, if this "tool" exists, that I probably wont be able to change the view to any a/c within that list - but it would be useful to see the complete list to get a sense of total number and mix of AI flying.TaGary

Guest firehawk44

As I recall reading somewhere, you can only "see" the AI aircraft in your immediate area (or within a XX radius). Sorry for not being more accurate. There use to be a tool called Traffic Tools but I don't think this was ever updated to work with FSX. Hope this helped a little anyway. There are some real AI experts who visit this forum so I have no doubt you'll get better help.Best regards,Jim

Gary,If you have a FSX version with the SDK, you should load the TrafficToolBox utility. This will let you see, select and control all functional AI. Otherwise you will need to find some addon to do the same thing - if there is one yet...Loyd

Jim/Loydthanks for your help - got traffictoolbox working off the SDK - just what I was looking for!it took a little while to figure out the xml editing - following helped:"open xml editor" tool"fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=SDK_Installation_(FSX)" - because I had non standard installationand realisation that SP1 SDK actually came on Acceleration disc (that needed to be loaded before Accel (SP2?) SDK.now off to do some flying!TaGary

I've always used "TrafficTool" from Pete Dowson's (FSUIPC) forum. It works locally or across a WideFS connection with all versions of Flightsim. It runs in either "Airborne" or "Ground" mode which is easily selectable from the File menu.Direct download: http://fsuipc.simflight.com/beta/TrafficLook.zipListed near the bottom of this forum: http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=55488Here is a screen shot of Atlanta (Airborne) with my WoAI and custom collections running.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/194681.jpg

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Guest davidvoogd

Make Sure you install the traffic level boost patch so you get some decent traffic levels.I just picked up Traffic X today - quite surprised at how FPS friendly it is. It's great to not have to fly in empty skies anymore. I used the freeware GA-Traffic X to fill in the blanks.Dell XPS 630i - Intel Core2Duo E8500 @ 3.16ghz / 3GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 / Geforce 8800GT 512mb / Soundblaster XfI Audio

Guest Phantoms

I was going to ask if TrafficX included a feature similar to TrafficViewBoard that I used and loved with FS2004. I saw this reply and went to the website to read up on it and it seems similar to TVB, but then I saw a disclaimer that FSX must run in windowed mode to use it. I've been out of FS for the last year due to a move and some other items, so I'll ask it here. Are there any utils similar to TVB that will run in fullscreen mode?

Traffic View Board was implemented as a cockpit gauge, so that it can be used with FS9 in full screen mode. The interfaces it used FS9 are implemented differently in FSX, so if would need to be ported by the original author.Both Traffic Toolbox Explorer and Super Traffic Board need windowed mode. One thing to consider is the free network support in FSX (via SimConnect). This means you can run FSX full screen on your main computer and an application like Super Traffic Board on another such as a laptop.RegardsSimon

Guest Phantoms

Does Super Traffic Board have all the other feature of TVB?Namely, being able to listen to the comm of the flight you are following, seeing a list of nearby flights, being able to switch to those flights, etc.