Sign in to follow this  
Guest thx1137

NEW FSX. 4 Boeing 737-800 X2 Aircraft

Guys, anyone got Ariane's "NEW FSX. 4 Boeing 737-800 X2 Aircraft"? Here's the link: http://www.arianedesign.com/Store.do?state...=63&category=58QUOTE:Making a Difference - Toward 2009Things are changing at Ariane. A range of brand new products and new support policies is being introduced. We hope to make the Ariane experience a lot easier and more welcoming. My name is India Knight and I will be leading the change and looking into the way we present Ariane as well as the way we register products (issues such as reactivating loyal users for free are already up and running). We have made the process of using and registering the product a lot easier as many people have been finding out with the new and full featured, Boeing 737-800 X2.If your desire is to continue flying FS9 into 2009, we will also be supporting FS9 with new products as well as the accompanying support too. We are developing a new loyal user gold card scheme for the new year which we aim to be made available to everyone along with the promise of a gift for new FSX product purchases this Christmas and a new email center almost ready for launch will change the way we make contact and keep you informed. Our aim is to tailor more toward customer satisfaction as well as to garner new ideas from pilots to help make the whole experience of simulation a more satisfying and rewarding one. Assuring you of our best attention at all times. I hope to meet you on our forum to hear your ideas as well as your views. Thank you for your support. I wish you a good season to come. India KnightSupport and Customer LiaisonUNQUOTESounds good, but, taking the difficult history of Ariane, I'm rather interested to learn about this B737-800 X2 package from someone who got it already (if any)and spent some time on it. I also had some of the reported problems with Ariane myself in the past, there's no need to repeat them for me, thanks. So, how good is the ariane's current rendition of this aircraft? Thanks,Dirk.

Hmm. Well, if they cut the price by half and went to something like the flight1 wrapper it might be worth checking out. However, I suspect it will be more of the same, overpriced and a nightmarish activation scheme. As usual, more of the same from our good friends at Ariane.John B

I won't consdier it. Too expensive in my view, especially when you consider what else is available for 69.99, and with the additional 29.99 for liveries, it doesn't improve.I am not sure about the X2, but their first offering didn't even have an FMC that could be operated directly within the VC, nor did it have a FIX page, a page I use regularly and for this kind of money I was shocked to find this out. As far as I am aware, the X2 is no different in this regard, but I'm prepared to stand corrected if that's not true. But I can't associate words like "quality", "accurate", or "representative" with a simulation missing such basic functionality at this price. I think the PMDG offering will be substantially better than this, so I would advise waiting for that, I certainly will be.CheersCraig

Craig Read, EGLL

I still hope that someone who bought it will chime in here.Thanks,Dirk.

I own the 737-900ERX v1.5 and will say NEVER again! First off what you get for the price doesn't even come close to the competition. The FMC can cause CTDs if not treated with kid gloves. No NavData updates since purchase. Importing flight plans even from FSX doesn't always work. Support for me is not very good, none of my 3 questions have been answered. I got a generic response to my first, had they actually read it the answer was a simple yes or no. My second I brought up the unstable FMC along with a few other posters unfortunatly the forum crashed! My last question I was asked if I could hang on for an answer because v2 had just been released, well I've been waiting for nearly 3 months! The model is good but I can only get the Boeing zinc livery to work and in order to get others you need to drop another 30-35 USD. Their is no 2d panel and the VC looks ok, IMO certainly not as good as PMDG or Digital aviation. I know you asked specifically about the v2.0 version but it seems many of the 1.5 problems plus some new ones are in 2.0. Also throw in the fact their is no discount for upgrading from 1.5 to 2.0 as they consider it a new product.

>I know you asked specifically about the v2.0 version but it>seems many of the 1.5 problems plus some new ones are in 2.0.>Also throw in the fact their is no discount for upgrading from>1.5 to 2.0 as they consider it a new product. Thank you very much, JohnE. It really doesn't sound good to me at all as it is coming from the user's end.Dirk.

Guest 413X3

Has anyone tried it? I know it's expensive, but I need a short haul boeing aircraft for FSX, and PMDGs offering won't be out for years. The -800 is really calling my name... I never bought the past offerings and have heard the horror stories but I would like to hear someones opinion on the product itself.

>Has anyone tried it? I know it's expensive, but I need a>short haul boeing aircraft for FSX, and PMDGs offering won't>be out for years. The -800 is really calling my name... >I would like to hear someones opinion on the>product itself.Yes, same here.Thanks,Dirk.

Guest United

Ariane making a difference in 2009. Huh, huh. That's funny, hilarious really. I'll stop now before my post gets deleted.Randy Jura, KPDX

I feel the same, however, I would have tried it for the price except for their "new" activation policy. If you change hardware for any reason (as I do), you will be very lucky to get a new activation - see this from their FAQ:http://www.arianedesign.com/Content.do?sta...&content=faq#It says I can only activate onceThe following quote reads to me like you would be very lucky, and are essentially branded a criminal:"but this will only be for special cases. We will monitor multiple activation requests or attempts and treat them accordingly"This has nothing to do with the PT affair (we must get over that), and I have bought things from them in the past and have been burned. I simply don't like this policy and were it to change, I would consider purchasing from them. After all 70-odd quid is a lot of money - you want certainty in your product.David

David Porrett

If you are looking for a short haul Boeing you might want to check out Feelthere's 737PIC. It doesn't have all the eycandy and gimmicks of the Ariane 37's but, it's still a pretty good offering and it's priced much more reasonably.Just do yourself a favor and seach for Ariane in the forums and if the horror stories don't put you off well then, I wish you luck because we all know a tiger never changes his stripes.John B

Guest thx1137

The activation system means I won't go near it either. I flew the 737 exactly twice before a memory upgrade to my computer rendered unusable. I got some form of help in the Forum where arianne said contact them by email but all that got was "read the faq". this is even though I outlined exactly what I did (from the FAQ) and it didn't work.If people make it too hard to use a expenive and purchased product them damned if I will purchase so as much as I would like to try another new aircraft. No Way.Steven.

Guest 413X3

I'm hoping someone can respond to the quality of the airplane itself, I am well aware of the re-activation difficulties and somewhat belligerent tone of their "support" staff.

Guest chrishunt

I've read through most of the text describing the various features of the 737 X2 and a few things spring to mind... the first being that most of it is complete gobbledegook! If the aircraft is anything like the text used to describe it then I would stay well clear. There is no clear and cohesive list of features so it is nearly impossible to establish what you really get for the money.It seems that in order to get some of the more advanced features then you would have to buy the more advanced versions but bear in mind that some of these "advanced" features are provided FOC from most of the other suppliers and are not considered "advanced" at all. This, and especially given the cost, looks like as clear a case of "buyer beware" as any I have seen.Whilst not a review of the aircfraft (I don't have it and I don't believe it is currently available given that the download section is being constructed) it does point to some fairly fundamental problems with this particular supplier.Regards,Chris

I have to agree with many of the issues raised here. The 737 from PMDG that was meant for 2004 is a superior product to the Ariane product meant for FSX. After purchasing the 900X and having hardware changes I also was required to pay a reactivation fee, that killed my buzz. The reactivation fee cost something like $20 Canadian. Considering it was only meant to be a filler until PMDG releases their NG for FSX I think I will wait. All that being said the airplane was not that bad. No 2D panels and just way over priced.

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg