Sign in to follow this  
Guest thx1137

NEW FSX. 4 Boeing 737-800 X2 Aircraft

Guest kwilson

Sorry James1st post from a new guy and he says he thinks the hardware locked activation is a great idea :( I smell something here and I don't live that close to the sea.I recently got a new computer and Flight1 allowed me to install my downloads onto it by transferring the key from the old computer to the new. Why can't Ariane do the same?

Hi kwilson,I understand your comment ;o) - first post and all.... but look it from my point of view - I've just spent 80 quid and everywhere I'm reading to find out more about Ariane (positively) leads me to forum threads like this one! So I'm excited, and a bit scared too!As it happens, I work for a distributor of software (not Ariane) - Security software so I know all about licensing issues, admin overhead, dumb users who can't follow simple instructions and "freetards" who simply won't purchase anything but like to comment about stuff.I'll tackle the transer of my key when I come to it...Willem, different product mate. We're talking about : http://www.arianedesign.com/Store.do?state...amp;category=58CheersJames

Guest wavn

"Willem, different product mate. We're talking about"I know that :( ; it's of course older (never buy this one!!!) and maybe the one you mention is of an other class.Willem

OK chaps so it's been 24 hours. No confirmation of delivery yet. Nor has the WorldPay amount left my account.Will send an e-mail to check on this.Fingers crossed.James

Hi guys,OK - good news! Last night at about 6:00PM I sent an e-mail asking about the shipping as I had already received confirmation of the order and credit card payment confirmation. Not expecting anything back the same night as that address is monitored only from 08:00 to 16:00 I was pleasantly surprised to get a response within 20mins (6:20PM) stating that my order had been shipped that morning and to expect it this morning or Saturday via signed-for Recorded delivery.I replied and thanked them.This morning my parcel arrived before 09:00! Happy bunny...I'll take it home tonight, get it installed and see what needs to be done to activate it.I'll keep you posted, and I'll provide feedback for what it's actually like to use. I have Wilcos 737 PIC already and am waiting for PMDGs NG effort for FSX so that's why I was attracted to Ariane's product. I am a 737-800 man, what can I say - I like glass - and I like proper 3D knobs - I hate flat panels - it seems lazy to me. I was gutted when seeing PMDGs 747 VC overhead panel all flat, gutted.I ended up going straight back to Microsoft's 737-800 which looks and feels great - but it's not fully functional - you can't do a proper "cold and dark" start in it. Hopefully I will be able to do this with Ariane's.CheersJames

Pls keep it , James, I'm interested.Thanks,Dirk.

I'll keep you posted, and I'll provide feedback for what it's actually like to use.
Hi James, as part of that feedback, could you measure it on the Petraeus Index? I'm sure a lot of people (me included) would be interested to know whether all its functionality comes at a price in lower framerate.

Petraeus

Hi guys,OK - good news! Last night at about 6:00PM I sent an e-mail asking about the shipping as I had already received confirmation of the order and credit card payment confirmation. Not expecting anything back the same night as that address is monitored only from 08:00 to 16:00 I was pleasantly surprised to get a response within 20mins (6:20PM) stating that my order had been shipped that morning and to expect it this morning or Saturday via signed-for Recorded delivery.I replied and thanked them.This morning my parcel arrived before 09:00! Happy bunny...I'll take it home tonight, get it installed and see what needs to be done to activate it.I'll keep you posted, and I'll provide feedback for what it's actually like to use. I have Wilcos 737 PIC already and am waiting for PMDGs NG effort for FSX so that's why I was attracted to Ariane's product. I am a 737-800 man, what can I say - I like glass - and I like proper 3D knobs - I hate flat panels - it seems lazy to me. I was gutted when seeing PMDGs 747 VC overhead panel all flat, gutted.I ended up going straight back to Microsoft's 737-800 which looks and feels great - but it's not fully functional - you can't do a proper "cold and dark" start in it. Hopefully I will be able to do this with Ariane's.CheersJames
Well, Jimbo - you've had 16 days to play with the new toy. What are your impressions? Good deal or no good deal? :(

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

This company has treated me like sh*t!!!They never see again 1 cent from me, no matter which changes they will offer!McDan out!!!

This company has treated me like sh*t!!!They never see again 1 cent from me, no matter which changes they will offer!McDan out!!!
Some details, McDan? You can pm me if you wish.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Its a long story and its 1-2 years old, sorry dont wanna dig it out!To be fair, the product back then was not bad, but the attitude against me was horribel!Never again.

Its a long story and its 1-2 years old, sorry dont wanna dig it out!To be fair, the product back then was not bad, but the attitude against me was horribel!Never again.
Amen, the search function should find our stories easily. The short of it, the product was ok, the main support guy on the forums was good but god help you if you have the audacity to upgrade your PC. One memory stick is all it took for me I couldn't reactivate and was told by the email support people to pay more money! I thik that was what I was told anywhat, the response was read the FAQ. As I told them the FAQs reregistration steps didn't work I assumed they meant the other entry which was that if we upgrade our PCs then new have to pay for reactivations.I flew the bird exactly twice and it isn't exactly cheap.I really wonder why I continue to pay for the stuffing around when pirates don't.

I've also been treated like a sh...that was my first and last buy with Ariane...for sure. Even though they make the best addon in the world

Real Deraps