Sign in to follow this  
pastorpilot

For Geoffa...and Anyone Else Who Likes PhotoScenery

>Now, I gotta wait to get it downloaded and installed before my>flight from Brawley Muni to Cedar City, with the flight over>the Canyon along the way. Of course, I'm flying over the>Canyon at the actual minimum of above 14,500 (I chose 17,000>to get high into some MOA's I'm crossing). Hope it still looks>great from that altitude.What..........There is a minimum???I just took this two days ago...http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/194776.jpg------------------------------------actually, it's at Marble Cyn.:) The Colorado River below Lake Powell, and just before the start of the Grand Canyon.L.Adamson

;)Gotta tell ya, Just passed over....incredible. Wonderfully done, and the transitions are pretty seamless....and even at 15,000, it looks great.The Canyon never looked so good. Bravo......alright, now to Cedar City before my evening ice cream :D

This is the Turbo (Eaglesoft) that performs just as well as the Columbia.ES will be releasing a version of the Cirrus and the Columbia with the Mindstar Garmin G1000 in the future ;)

For bkeske,If you like photoreal and do some of your sim flying in Utah, you may want to check out FS Dreamscapes VFR+ Utah photoreal. I fly up to the St. George area and Cedar City frequently, and the VFR+ Utah has some outstanding photoreal in those areas. I can post some links to screencaps if you want, but the scenery is fantastic around the St George and Cedar City areas. The entire state is still a work in progress, but the whole southern half of Utah is aleady rendered from the St George/Cedar City area full east to Monument Valley. Weber county just northwest of Salt Lake City is also done. Dean at FS Dreamscapes is close to releasing the next 3 counties, and that will make more than half the state covered. Total price for the entire state is only $35 and it is well worth it in FSX. Your download account is updated with the new counties as they are released. Some of the best photoreal I've seen in a long time.Rick

Rick Ryan

>I'd be interested too. >>L.AdamsonOK, give me a couple hours. I just got home from work and will grab some screencaps of both the VFR+ Utah and the new OZ x Grand Canyon and post some links here.Rick

Rick Ryan

Here's a quick "teaser" I already had saved. Utah+ VFR approach to St George (KSGU), Utah. The clarity of the image is less than what I actually see in FSX because I had to reduce the filesize of the cap to less than 1.5 MB to meet ImageShack's posting limit. Cap is from my TripleHead2Go screen setup, 3840 x 1024 resolution across three 19" monitors. There's no way I'm gonna post an actual cap that size here without getting banned forever, so... ;-)Click on thumbnail below. At next screen, hold mouse over the picture. You should see a "magnifying glass" icon. Just left-click your mouse and full-sized picture will show. You'll probably have to scroll your screen to see it all.More to come if you are intersted yet.2008112023293765xq4.th.jpgEDIT: Heck...click link on thumbnail not working. Stand by....EDIT 2: OK, I can't get my darned images at ImageShack to post here. The thumbnail isn't clickable for some reason. Anybody got any ideas? Are you seeing that goofy square box to the left of the thumbnail? I've never seen that on any other forums I've posted images from ImageShack before. I've posted images from ImageShack here before in many of my tutorials. Dunno what is going on right now. Any ideas?Rick

Rick Ryan

Thanks Rick.I must say, I've never been a huge fan of photo scenery, but I really like this OZ release; and it has basically zero FR impact.I'd be interested in the Dreamscapes scenery you have suggested.Thanks for the info.

Geofa,I'm confused about resolution from Bluesky.Which do I want for FSX normal or high?Thanks,Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

Well, I'm not sure right now I will be able to post links to them here. I've posted screencaps here before that I actually included in the message thread that met the size limit requirements...that was never a problem. But I just went and read the rules in the picture posting forum and if I'm reading them right, it appears I can't even LINK to a picture that exceeds those size limits. I wasn't aware that rule existed. So I'm not sure I could even give you a link here to a 3840 x 1024 screencap hosted on another site. I posted a question in the picture forum for clarification in case I'm reading it wrong. Waiting for an answer.Rick

Rick Ryan