Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

FSX ignoring assigned parking places

Hi all,Last week I reinstalled FSX after a 1 year pause.I also installed Accelerations.After that ASX and FEX.As traffic package I wanted to try Traffic X.After having installed the addon I remarked that the aircraft where parking randomely at wrong parking places.Eg : Heavy jets are parking/parked at small gates and small aircraft at medium/large gates.The airline types that visitye the airport are correct.I checked several airport and everywhere the same issue.To do a test I tried a custom made AFX file for Schiphol.This one worked correctly on my former pc and on pc from others.But now again all parking places messed up.FSX is reading the flightplans , but goes wrong on the Afcad files.Anyone of you has a clue on what is going on here and maybe how to fix this ?Thanks.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

The rules the sim uses for parking AI aircraft changed between FS2004 and FSX. There are two things that will cause an aircraft to park incorrectly in FSX:1) the AI traffic package is incorrect, or2) the airport scenery is incorrectYou will have to ask other MyTrafficX owners (I am not one of them) as to whether or not the aircraft in MyTraffic X are set up for FSX or FS2004. There is a difference. (it is in the wing_span value in the aircraft.cfg files).Do you need a more technical discussion? I will not type more for now...RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

The AFX file is correct ; it is working on other pc's and in the past on my pc too.I installed TrafficX this time instead of MyTraffic.However , there are just just 2 things :- the Traffic.bgl file where all flights are included- the AF2/AFX file where the airport layout is includedThe first one is correct because the assigned flights show up at the airport.The second one is corect because it is working on other pc's.This only leaves that FSX is not reading the parking spaces correctly.The taxiways/runways and parking places are being read correctly, because aircraft are parking , taxiing and taking off/landing.Imho FSX does not read the aircraft size of the parking place and also not the type of airlines.This is with the default TrafficX airport files and also with my custom AFX file. The question is how could this happen and how to fix it ?

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I guess what we need to verify is that all these files worked for you with FSX. If that is true then there may be something about your MyTraffic install that FSX does not like. As Mace said, wing span and parking radius must match. The only way to verify that is to open airport files and aircraft cfg files to check. Airport files made for FS9 may not work properly in FSX. ATC will park aircraft in a space closest to wing span size. I have seen ATC park a corsair fighter plane at an airline gate because there was no GA spot the proper size.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

>The AFX file is correct ; it is working on other pc's and in>the past on my pc too.>>I installed TrafficX this time instead of MyTraffic.>>However , there are just just 2 things :>>- the Traffic.bgl file where all flights are included>- the AF2/AFX file where the airport layout is included>>The first one is correct because the assigned flights show up>at the airport.>>The second one is corect because it is working on other pc's.>>This only leaves that FSX is not reading the parking spaces>correctly.>The taxiways/runways and parking places are being read>correctly, because aircraft are parking , taxiing and taking>off/landing.>>Imho FSX does not read the aircraft size of the parking place>and also not the type of airlines.FSX parking works great - even better than FS2004 because we can use multiple codes in the atc_parking_codes= line.In FS2004 - the program uses the Model Radius to tell FS how large the aircraft is and that is the main factor in parking.In FSX - the wing_span= value in the aircraft.cfg file is used to tell FS how large the aircraft is for parking.Model radius is still used but for separation in taxi behavior and line-ups for takeoff, etc.Your original post indicates you have LARGE aircraft parking in small parking spots. We all saw that when FSX came out because the best B747 AI models had wing_span= values which translated to 21M in size.Your screenshot clearly shows that is the issueYou need to identify specific models which are parking wrong - and check to see if they have a realistic value in the wing_span= setting.Also watch out - some people want to put that setting as Meters - but FS will read it was Feet no matter what number is used.Once you have one aircraft parking improperly - you will have all sorts of issues with parking on the airport. All the others might be correct - but just the result of a cascade effect.

>The AFX file is correct ; it is working on other pc's and in>the past on my pc too.>>I installed TrafficX this time instead of MyTraffic.>That leads me to think that your AFX files are set up with FS2004 parking radii. The FS2004 AI product parks correctly, and the FSX AI product does not. Usually that means the airport scenery bgl's parking radii are not set up correctly for FSX. They will work fine with FS2004 AI, as you have discovered.>However , there are just just 2 things :>>- the Traffic.bgl file where all flights are included>- the AF2/AFX file where the airport layout is included>There is one other thing that MyTrafficX or any traffic add-on installs: aircraft models.>The first one is correct because the assigned flights show up>at the airport.>>The second one is corect because it is working on other pc's.>But what AI are the other PC's running? That is critical information if you are to solve the problem.>This only leaves that FSX is not reading the parking spaces>correctly.FSX reads parking correctly, there are no bugs in its parking logic. FSX's programmed parking rules can only act on the information it is fed by your traffic bgls and aircraft.cfg files.>The taxiways/runways and parking places are being read>correctly, because aircraft are parking , taxiing and taking>off/landing.>>Imho FSX does not read the aircraft size of the parking place>and also not the type of airlines.>It would be nice to see your airport scenery bgl's because I'd bet $$$$ that they are set up for FS2004 AI, even though they might be FSX bgl's.FSX looks at several things to determine what parks where.1) wing_span entry in the aircraft.cfg file2) radius size of parking spot3) GATE, RAMP, etc.4) parking code>This is with the default TrafficX airport files and also with>my custom AFX file. >>The question is how could this happen and how to fix it ?It could happen if one or more of the following are true:1) aircraft not set up for FSX (wing_span incorrect)2) "AFX" file (as you call it) is not set up to park the AI you haveFSX uses fixed rules to determine what parks where, and it being a computer program, will dutifully follow those rules. The trick is giving the program the proper information to carry out your wishes.Without seeing your traffic package, the aircraft.cfg's, the airport scenery bgl's (you call them AFX files) it is difficult to diagnose. However, I do know with 100% certainty that if I had all of that information in front of me, I could determine what the cause is, and how to fix.Since there are no bugs in FSX parking system, the system will work 100% absolutely if it is fed the proper info. That means you can give it data and it will perform predictably...that is a good thing. Contrast this with the FSX weather engine, to which you can feed it wind speed 60 knots @ 240 degrees and end up with 35 knots @ 75 degrees! :)RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Hi guys,Thanks for responding.The AFX file was made a year ago and working perfectly with MyTraffic and FSX.The file was in FSX code.Now with same file in FSX with TrafficX installed does not solve the parking issue.So something is wrong with TrafficX.This leads me to the conclusion that there might be something wrong with the wing span in the aircraft.I checked and found that the B744 had a wing_span of just 94.75 instead of 211.50. Probably more aircraft are having this error.Already I have sent an email to Justflight.If they check all aircraft and correct the wrong ones it might be working as advertised.In the past with former Traffic versions I never had any issues, but this time I sent a request for a refund.Now I will go back to MyTraffic. Thanks again.