Sign in to follow this  
sargeski

error messages

I have been using fsx with acceleration for a long time with very few problems. About a week ago I started getting error messages (the m/s send/don't send errors) I had installed new drivers but it kept working fine with them until a week ago. Now it loads the opening screen and when loading a flight gets to 100 per cent and stops. The screen is black and eventually the error message shows up. In short, it won't even open anymore. What could have happened to cause this? Everything is default, no addons of any kind. I am baffled. I installed fs9 and it runs like a champ. I would like to run fsx again but have no clue what is wrong. Dongateway--dual processor pent D windows xp professional media edition 2.5 gig memory nvidea 6200 turbo cache 178.24 drivers

Have you tried changing the FSX config file to load the default flight and started with that. It may be an aircraft problem. If the default flight loads OK you can chnage to different aircraft and see if there is an issue.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

Guest firehawk44

Try deleting or renaming your FSX.cfg, then restarting FSX. FSX will rebuild the FSX.cfg. It may have somehow got corrupted. You can go into the event viewer to see what exactly caused the crashes too or right click the "Computer" icon on your desktop, select Properties; then click on Performance and then Problem Reports and Solutions. Clicking on each problem should give you more info as to what driver or dll caused your crashes. You probably are aware of this procedure already but just wanted to make sure. Anytime you get those send/don't send errors, the problem goes to the Problem Reports so your system can periodically check to see if there's a solution.Best regards,JimEDIT: Just noticed you have an XP OS so don't believe you have a Problem Report section as I described above but you do have an Event Viewer.

Thanks guys for the help. I DID delete the cfg file and thought I had it but then it started again. Last week I got very frustrated and uninstalled fsx completely, defragged, and left it out for a week. In the interim I used fs9 and I guess I wouldn't even bother with fsx anymore except for the fact that I really like some of the features of fsx. Last night I installed it again with sp/1 and tried it. It wouldn't even load!!! SOOO, uninstalled, defragged, and loaded it again. So far it is at least loading. Haven't tried any flights yet but will today. I will post here my results. It is really strange since this was working great for a long time and I had added nothing. Thanks again.Dongateway--dual processor pent D windows xp professional media edition 2.5 gig memory nvidea 6200 turbo cache 178.24 drivers

Guest jshyluk

It could also be that your flight log book got corrupted. That creates a hang a fair bit like you describe. If you did not uninstall the old log book, the corrupted file will just bollix any new installation you make (not that you always need to re-install FSX if the logbook is corrupted!). I believe you can just uninstall the log book files, or there's a utility you can download from AVSIM that will fix the corruption. For more information, you'll have to search the forums a bit, as that's as far as my limited technical knowledge goes on this subject. Jeff ShylukAssistant Managing EditorSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

The file that Jeff is referring to is fsxlogrecovery11.zip. In many instances this utility can repair a corrupt logbook (logbook.bin file).You can also rename or delete the logbook.bin file and FSX will rebuild a new one on next start. I would definitely attempt a repair first!Another handy utility available from the library for logbook manipulation is logbookedit-0411062225.zipBoth files are very handy to have on hand.