Sign in to follow this  
Guest firehawk44

d/l and install in vista

Can anybody suggest where I can find a guide or tutorial on how to install any of the freeware FSX aircraft into Vista 64. I D/L the MU2s924 from the library,however I'm stuck looking for the "tools" section the author is refering to. I've stuck to the default aircraft since I've had FSX,and been very happy with them. Reading one of Geofa's posts about the Grand Canyon led to finding a hidden aspect of Avsim which I was unaware of,and put a big smile on my face. The "Recent File Sect." on the Homepage has led me to a wonderful new location to explore.Unfortunately for me,I'm not computer literate enough to figure out some of the more complicated aspects of flying.I had copied a tutorial from some website on how to d/l and install A/C into FS9 manually and it was very helpful. If there is something similar,could somebody point me in the right direction?As always thanks for any helpskip d

Vista has little to do with it. Planes were installed in your Aircraft folder in FS9. In FSX they are installed in SimObjects/Aircraft. If you get an access denied screen, then you must go to Control Panel/User Accounts and turn off User Account Control.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Guest firehawk44

"I had copied a tutorial from some website on how to d/l and install A/C into FS9 manually and it was very helpful. If there is something similar,could somebody point me in the right direction?"I think this link will help you: http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kds?$=main/m-howto.htm.Best regards,Jim