Sign in to follow this  

Problems in sound.cfg, Baron related tip, roll-sounds

HiI found 'bad linkage' in the sound.cfg, that prevented me from hearing any 'prop-type' sounds. After renumbering these, I got the sounds back. Although I'm not sure I 'fixed' these myself long ago to this bad state.Anyway, I have absolutely no luck in getting the Gear Up Warning Sound to function. In earlier versions of FS this was an indication of something wrong elsewhere in the file, but I can't find any obvious spots other than what I mentioned above. Has anyone a solution to this?Regarding the [GROUND_ROLL] section in the sound.cfg, has anyone managed to hear other sounds than the ones? I've tried to setup a series of different sounds (according to the SDK) depending on which surface I'm rolling on, but I only get soft or asphalt type to work (seems they are kind of defaults). Is this a problem with the soundsystem or is it scenery related (that it only defines a couple of surface types)?

I tested the default BE58 sound and it seems that you have discovered yet another bug in FS2002. It may have been reported before.The aliases in the sound.cfg for the gear warning appear to be correct and the file exists at the correct location. Re-aliasing to cagear or kagear does not solve the problem. There is nothing wrong with the gear warning code in the air file and it can be seen to be driving the panel annunciator, but it fails to call the warning horn sound.I think this is therefore something only MS can patch and it seems that they won't.Using the MS MDL and textures with more accurate BE58 FDE from a third party developer might solve the problem. You may need to copy the contact points from the default BE58 aircraft.cfg to any available third party one. I believe fixes for the problems inherant in MS deault FDE including the Baron have been posted, but I have not used them and do not know if they fixed this particular bug.I do not understand the other sound issues well enough to comment.

I discovered something else regarding the gear down warning sound - quite by accident :) I accidentally toggled gear up on my yoke while on the ground - and guess what came to life... Hmm.

Replying my very old post, I know, but I think I 'discovered' something. I used the Baron as a basis for new sounds for a new aircraft, and still the Gear warning horn wouldn't play.The bugs in sound.cfg was already taken care of, so when I changed the flap setting angle required to trigger the gear horn (in the air file), I finally got some sounds out of it.Didn't try it on the Baron just yet though, but logic suggests it should. I know, MS and logic doesn't mix, but... :)

In the 737 aircraft.cfg there is a entry under the electrical section for gear warning, while the baron does not have it, but most likely if the entry is not there it may default to "working". Unkown, but may be something to look into. Roman(KGRB)

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

It could be related. I improved my electrical section in the config file to include all my needs, but I'm uncertain if I put the gear warning there. It didn't work anyway until I changed the flap angle parameter in the .airfile. Now I get my sound if gear not down and flap > 15