Sign in to follow this  

Gmax: Virtual cockpit instrument panel at night - can n

Hi Everyone,I was wondering if anyone knew why my virtual cockpit in my Gmax-developed aircraft shows all the gauges and readouts during day time but goes entirely blank during night time?Thanks,Rotorhead.

Seems that luminous and bright flags doesn't work in virtual cockpit. The only solution is to add a virtualcockpit visible light that is controlled with panel light switch. This is only a floodlight, and you should keep it in a very dim reddish intensity - especially if it is a GA plane. MS had it set way bright.

Ok, I have a question and I need some kind of answer on this. I am using FSDS still. I can't get GMAX to work right(texturing). I converted my aircraft over to it but my old textures don't seem to fit right. Yes I have adjusted them. So, I decided to stay with FSDS. I can create VCs in my old aircraft there without any major overhauls. This is were the VC instrument panel somehow gets messed up. During the daylight hours you can see everything perfect. It actually looks real with the sunlight changing as you change direction. Then night rolls around and bang a problem. I can't see the gauges. The gauges are there but they are dark and unlit. I used the same gauges from another VC and 2D cockpit. They work fine there. No pink glow. But here is the odd part. If you get the moon to your back the gauges light up witht the ambient light. Still no glow but you can see somewhat. I am not interested in the rest of the VC lighting up just the gauges. I can solve that problem with the _LM BMP. I got the panel background to light using that function. It is the screens that is having the problem. I tried adding a _LM funtion to it but get a wall at night. Is there something I need to call the screens in FSDS. I was told to get landing lights to light up the ground you need to name the part Landing.Light_1 or something like that. I did get that working.

Guest cwright

Steve, I'm annoyed that the VC gauges in my own design (a Constellation) are dark and unreadable at night. Two freeware aircraft have illuminated VC gauges (the Fleet Canuck and the Falcon 50) but so far nobody seems to want to share their secrets with the flight sim community. Hopefully that will change. By the way, I successfully exported my Connie from FSDS to Gmax. There's no problem with texturing, but there are one or two things you need to know. Generally the problem in Gmax is that people can't assign more than one mapping to an object (when the second mapping is added it overwrites the first). The answer is very simple. In fact texturing in Gmax is far more powerful than in FSDS. And once you know the secret it's easier, too! (because you can watch the object in the editing windows as you adjust the textures, something you can't do in FSDS). Best regards, Chris

>Canuck and the Falcon 50) but so far nobody seems to want to >share their secrets with the flight sim community. Hopefully >that will change. Sorry to be so direct, but what the heck is wrong with people now? Earlier if someone found something new out, they would share with the rest. It's 'attitudes' like this that prevent new quality work ever getting released. I could somewhat accept a payware house to keep design secrets, but not freeware... My bet is that there are many new panel or aircraft designers who just won't release until quality is acceptable. Releasing with standard (often quite buggy) gauges isn't an option, so it never get released.Oh well, the world is changing I guess, not to the better.....Sorry, had to let out some steam..... :)