Sign in to follow this  

Switching gyro instruments to electrical system

Is there any way in FS2002 to have my gyro instruments run off electrical power rather than vacuum? The reason I ask is the plane I am currently flying (Zlin 242L) has no vacuum system and I would like to simulate that through FS. I would also like a separate switch for the engine instruments. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!Adam Kolariwww.saultc.on.ca/aviation

The aircraft.cfg should do it for you. Look for the following heading, or create it yourself. Replace parentheses with brackets.-------------------------------------------------------------(direction_indicators)//1 Type: 0=None, 1=Vacuum Gyro, 2=Electric Gyro, 3=Electro-Mag Slaved Compass, 4=Slaved to another//2 Indicator number of slaving indicator if Type = 4direction_indicator.0=2,0--------------------------------------------------------------Use 2,0 to make it electric.Also if you use AIRED you could modify parameters in sections:1512 change settings there to match your zlin. Roman(KGRB)

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Thanks for the reply Roman. Will making that change affect all my gyro instruments, or just the heading indicator? And also, is there any way to have a separate switch to control just to control the gyros? Or do they turn on when the master switch is turned on? Thanks again!Adam Kolariwww.saultc.on.ca/aviation

>>>Will making that change affect all my gyro instrumentsNot sure cause I havn't tested but I am favoring no.>>>is there any way to have a separate switch to control just to control the gyros?I am working on a project where I am using vacuum to act like an IRS system. If it fails so does IRS etc..I use the back up vacuum switch availability to initialize the IRS. This is maybe what you're looking for. In the .air file you could try the following, mind you this is for a 737. Then add a back up vacuum switch. AirEd Section 1512:= 0= 0= 5.15 = 0.125= 0.85= 4.05 = 3.5= 1= 4.5555Roman(KGRB)

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

As a related question and not being familiar with the software to do this, my question is how can I change the needle type turn coordinator with a more modern turn and bank type? You know, the kind with the small airplane in the dial.I want to change this in the Grand Caravan in MS2002. Captain: I thought you lowered the gear!" First Officer: You said YOU were going to do that!"