Sign in to follow this  
spokes2112

Possible to set AP Altitude in increments of 10?

Guest Dominik Mann

For my own private pleasure I've been playing around a bit with the panel for Michael Shulgin's A-90 ekranoplane and would like to add an autopilot panel as well as a few other features to it. However, I haven't found any which would enable me to set the cruise altitude in increments of 10 feet rather than the common 100 in my "Gauges" folder. The reason why I would like to be able to do that is because an ekranoplane usually stays within a few ten feet above the water surface, and if I found one such altitude selector I could have the ekranoplane hold an altitude of ten, twenty or thirty feet above the water much more easily than using manual trim and the attitude hold function.Could somebody point me to a source (complete panel package or single gauge) where I could find such an altitude selector?As I already said, I'm doing this only for my own purposes, so don't worry about my trying to possibly violate copyrights or things like that.Thanks!!!

At least with a .XML style gauge it does not seem possible using standard FS autopilot. ( .gau may be different ) No matter what I've tried it inc/dec by 100.( so does V/S select ) Although for the Ekranoplane one may use ( if it works over water ) Radio Altitude linked to trim with a variable to set radio height, bypassing all modes of vertical autopilot functions of FS. Roman(KGRB)

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap