Sign in to follow this  
Guest GalacticCowboy

Great Panels for AIRBUS A330-340?? But why Shareware!??

Guest HeavyFan

Hey all, I just seen some great looking panels on AVSIM and FlightSim.com for the AIRBUS A-330 and 340! But it says after like 15min some of the gauges shut down and will not work till you register the gauges! Now why do these great panel developers do this! I know is to make some money, but not all of us in this hobby have money to spend on good panels! I just do not understand why they do this! I thought they would share it with everyone to enjoy, but I guessed wrong!!Forgive me if I am wrong and these gauges are not payware, but if someone can explain a little bit for me what this means by regigstering these gauges? Also seen alot of palnels coming out that are good looking and free but made for only FS2002 PRO!?? Not all of us have the PRO I don't! Seems as if they all forgot about the regular FS2002 STD crowd!? Will someone PLEASE make a good freeware panel for both versions of FS2002!!!!!!! Sorry guy's just had to vent out about this! well let me have some feedback on this! MIKE.

Guest Mark Hazeldine

You can't expect people to put in hours of work for free! I know people do, but that is because they are very generous and we are very lucky! The reality is, if it is good, it has problably taken a LONG time to do. You can only expect to have to pay something. You do go into a shop and expect everything to be free do you?I don't want to advertise somebody else on this site but fsplanet.com has got some amazing freeware in their Best of the Best section. Avsim has also got good stuff if you know where to look. A lot of FS2000 panels still work in fs2002.

I think every person has a limit as to the amount of effort, time and/or money they will provide free of charge. When that limit is reached they have to consider charging a fee, or not produce the add-on at all.>Also seen alot of panels coming out that are good looking and free >but made for only FS2002 PRO!?? Not >all of us have the PRO I don't! >Seems as if they all forgot about the regular FS2002 STD crowd!? >Will >someone PLEASE make a good freeware panel for both versions of >FS2002!!!!!!! Sorry guy's just had to vent >out about this! well let >me have some feedback on this! MIKE.Its probably because the panels are using stock parts and gauges only available in the pro version.For them to make the same panel for both versions they would have to reproduce those stock pieces from scratch. That's a lot more work. So its either limit what you can create by only using stock parts available in both versions, or expend the extra effort needed to produce the same functionality in both versions.For freeware I can't see the latter as being a reasonable option.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

Guest Grunt

Why not make one yourself? All you have to do is create a bitmap of the cockpit (usually a digital photo or something is used) and add some gauges. The freeware program CfgEdit is a WYSIWYG program for panel design and makes it almost too easy to make panels. You should try it (also, with that program you can replace the gauges that disappear in your other panel with default or other freeware gauges!)The freeware version of CfgEdit doesn't allow for some things,such as editing the new FS gauge types, but I think with the payware version you can.Give it a try...it's easy!

Guest GalacticCowboy

hehe - so you suggest that he "fix" his anti-payware stance by purchasing a different payware product? ;)