Sign in to follow this  

Can anybody help me find a Midwest Express MD80

Iam after trying to find a Midwest Express MD80 or if anybody could please paint one, i found a Midwest Express dc9-32 , but thats all i can find, so id be very grateful if anybody could help me find the MD80 or if anybody could please paint one for ever fs2000 or fs2002, thankyou very much, great site and i enjoy all the Aircraft ive downloaded so far, enjoyable flying to everyone on here.

Guest 727Fan

Just cruising thru the posts and Found your question navy32. There is a Midwest Express MD-83 default in the files. It was done in March. Lots of us have it. The blue is a bit too light, but, beggars can't be choosy. It was done by Nick "radivil" C. E-mail "nickc@a really excited user.org.I also saw a request posted to "Alpha" to re-do it. Alpha has contributed some beautiful ERJ-145 repaints, a SKYWAY Midwest Express Conection ERJ and lately a Delta Connection ERJ. Perhaps she will accomodate the request.Rick

How much darker should the blue be? I've never seen an actual MidEx plane and I got the color off of a picture of one. I don't have anything to do at the moment and it will only take me a few minutes to fix that.

Guest 727Fan

Sorry Radivil. I wasn't trying to "dis" your work. When you posted the MD83 Midwest Express, I was in heaven. It flies all around my sim world skies. I like it.Someone else asked Alpha (Anniette) to repaint one because the blue shows-up too light. In actuality, it's a shade or two darker, somewhere between what you have and Navy blue. I see them all the time (Milwaukee hub). If you want to tinker with it, that's fine by me, but what I have now is fine too. If you want, you could send me a pic of whatever you come up with and I can tell you if you have it perfect.Rick

It's no big deal. I'm not going to get upset or something small like that. I actually kinda like being told that something is wrong (even if it's something very small like a color being a shade off). If I know something is amiss, I can fix it. I wish I could get that cockpit frame looking good. Sadly, that horrible job I did was the best I could manage...This is the blue I have now:

Guest 727Fan

I would say that's closer. But it's hard to be exact. Would you show a comparison with what you used first also? Then I could print it and go over to MKE today and take a look. There's no rush, Nick. I wish the guy who mentioned it would chime in.Rick

I'm not exactly sure what the old color was, because I changed the color on my original one and that was the only copy I had left. I do have an old screenshot though:midex.jpgIt seems darker for some reason in that pic. I remember it being much lighter.

Guest 727Fan

I think it looks darker in the pic because of the shading. The light source is on the other side. Like I said before, try a shade between what you have and NAVY and you should be closer.I was at MKE (Mitchell) today, and the aircraft's color is light sensitive. On a cloudy day it looks dark, sunny and it has a strong reflective quality. It can look dark one place and lighter on another. Sorry, I wish I could be more exact. Let me look around for a more definitive shot.Rick

Here's a link to the Virtual Airline. It has the MD88 aircraft download. Actually, looks like it has all their aircraft, including the 717.http://vn7network.com/vme/Jack