Sign in to follow this  

Panel and Instrument Night Lighting

Guest adlion944

Is there a rhyme or reason to the arbitrary numbers in panel night lighting? Seems like it's trial or error.Suppose I want a glowing browinish/reddish 777 night lit cockpit (to match the PSS night lighting. What entry in the panel config would that be?Are higher numbers more dim than lower? Do the numbers correspond to the color spectrum? Are lower numbers indigo and higher numbers red?Any help? Thank you very much!Dave

The values found in the panel night lighting section are not arbitrary, but are the RGB (Red, Green, Blue) channels of light. With those three colors it is possible to reproduce any color in the spectrum of light (visible light that is).So for a brownish color at night it would be a mix of red and green (about a 1 to 2 mixture, which actually produces orange with that exact proportion). Each channel has a range of 0 to 255, where 0 means none of that color and 255 means all of that color. A value of about 180 red, 120 green, and 0 blue will make a orange-brown color (may not be the one you want, but you can always play with the values)Finally the Day field is the color emitted during the day, white (or 255,255,255) makes no change in the panels color. The Night field is the color of the light during the night and Luminous is the brightness of each channel of color, 0 is dim/off and 255 is bright (I think, not exactly sure with that one)Day=255,255,255Night=220,120,0Luminous=200,200,101*(Just make sure to replace the <> with brackets)Hope that helps (and doesn't confuse you!),-Bryant

Guest bartels

Just for the completenes: Night is the colour of the overall flood light, Luminous is the colour of the interanl area of the instruments (the new default gauges don't have them, some of the FS2000 gauges e.g. Beeech King have luminous parts).Arne Bartels

Thanks for the correction... I new I had something wrong with the luminous field... g-Bryant