I installed and registered the latest version of Gmax. When I go to tutorials, there are none there. Nothing happens when I click the tab. What am I doing wrong? The other question I have is I would like to edit a gmax model. How would I do that and why cant i take a gmax designed aircraft in Fs2k2 and export its model into this program? Any help would be appreciated here. Thanks.Hornit

If you have FS2002Pro, find the tutorials and help files setup under fs2002gmaxhelp install. You need to install the tutorials and help files to your GMax folders. There are also samples in your fs2002gmaxsamples folder. If you don't have FS2002Pro, then you will have to download the tutorials and help files, go to www.discreet.com products tab, gmax, downloads.The other item you need from your FS2002Pro GMax folder is the gamepack. The gamepack provides several files that let you export and compile a gmax file. The gamepack doesn't provide for a decompiler and import file for compiled *.mdl files.

OK I DO have FS2K2 pro. Would you mind explaining specifically how to do this. Exactly which files go where. Looks to me the help/tutorial files are in zips.... Appreciate the help.Hornit

Yes, unzip the files to the GMaxHelp and GMaxTutorials folders. Make a Tutorial folder, if one is not provided.

Well theres no gmax/help folder or gmax/tutorial folder in my main Gmax directory...sheesh. Do I need to install this from the CD or can I do it from within the FS2K2 folder??Hornit

If you open the zipped files with Winzip or another unzipping program, you will see that the destination folders are already established. When you Extract the files within Winzip, make sure the "Use folder names" check box is selected and also point the "Extract to" to your GMax root folder, i.e., C:GMax, E:GMax. If you double click on the each file, an extract menu will appear. Point the extract to your GMax root folder as explained above.This is the exact same procedure to use when downloading and installing zipped Fltsim stuff from the different website.

Thanks wsieffert, Actually i figured it out on my own. I understand the zip unzip process but it was just a bit confusing about where things go and what folders they should be in. Finally got the prog registered too. I have been messing with it for many hours already. doesn't seem very user friendly actually and very labor intensive. Ill give it a go though.Hornit