Sign in to follow this  

BEECH BARON 'UPGRADE'

According to the documentation for the Baron in the aircraft.cfg file states the engine is a IO-550. Looking at the Continental site the only engines available with 375 hp are the GTSIO-520 series of engines. ( Gearboxed, Turboed, S= ??? sumped ? , Injected, Opposed ) http://www.tcmlink.com/producthighlights/ENGTBL.PDFThe owner may have put in a Lycoming also. With the information from the site I found many changes that could be changed but some would require information from an owner of one of these engines. ( Turbocharging ) There are probably other ways to do this as the engines may just be hopped up at TBO. ( I.E. increasing compresson ratio..... (poor reliability) camshaft, valves, porting or, how about a 454 bowtie V-8 conversion ?? Unkown but may not be FAA certified to do these under a non-experimental category ) ( replace < > with brackets. these are changes, not the whole config. back up config before applying changes..... not tested and are just theories. )SEE BELOWOf Course ther is a much easier way to simulate higher HP (cheating in my mind if matched to an actual engine).- reduce parasite drag scaler- increase thrust scaler- increase power scaler- increase fuel flow scalerAny owners out there with this engine or conversion to comment?I hope this steers you in the right direction so you can burn holes in the sky with the Baron LOL! :-) Roman(KGRB)Technology Vs. Ignition Timing ,,,,, So far advanced.... It's retarded. :-)

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Thanks Roman....I'll have a play around with it..... See if I can get it right....//Tonni