Sign in to follow this  
Guest cwright

gmax question... may be you guys can answer

ok, all got this model that im trying to make.. so heres the problem.when trying to make a model for fs2002 gmax in the converstion gets to bout 50% done and then just quits.. the model in question has about 109,000 poloys... is this too much for the fs model converter... and like i said its still not done. landing gear and other things still to do.and one last thing the plane in question is a hammerhead from the sci-fi show.. "space above and beyond"laterit looks really cool check out the pic3cd7a9db5857c75e.jpg

ok heres an update...what i have tried to do is make a basic shape in gmax.. "teapot". since the max sides you can have is 64 that makes a total of 265,000+ poloys.. just that shape and still the same problem. im shutting the computer down completely all the time there is an error message.but......when doing the same thing at 32 sides which is 65,000+ poloys.. then it went all the way to makeing the mdl file in the export tool, up to and error that gave that i needed to check the path(s) of the makemdl.exe program. thats like 91% (yea !!! :-yellow1 :-yellow1 )i need help i'm stumped.. whats the max poloys that you can have in gmax.. or what is the most common number with previos made aircraft in FSDS or other programs... or if PSS is reading (dout that but hey..) then whats the poloys with the airbus serirs.. any one.please help my projects are on the line here; (hammerhead, & katana)thanks for reading.dtrifiletti@yahoo.com:-hang :-yellow1 :-yellow1 :-hang me going to bed this gives me a head ache

Guest PhLem

Hi there Boygenius,The maximum polys for Fs in Gmax is 60000. Any more thanthat will give problems. So you will need to size downsome more. Sorry.Udo.:-wave

Guest cwright

60,000? Oops. I just checked my design and it's 59,000! Looks like I'll soon be reaching for the Optimise tool.... Best regards, Chris