Sign in to follow this  
Guest 247

What aircaft will i be on

Guest 247

Hey...just a quick one..does anyone know what a.c il be on next thursday when im flying from stansted to antalya(sorry for the spelling),turky, im flying with thomas cook...i asume it will be a 757-200 but im not sure does anyone know ? any help will be great

It should've told you when you booked the flight.

I'm in the uk and I've never been told the type of aircraft when booking a flight. I don't believe providing thst information is common practice here. I'd be surprised if airlines committed themselves to the type of aircraft at that early stage.

Usually they know their flight structure months in advance and they have a flight schedule set for a certain period of time. You'll see this in this Alaska Airlines example. http://www.alaskatimetable.com/AS.pdfThat is also part of the reason people can make very accurate AI traffic for FS.

Guest airbus2

Yes Chris is correct in saying that the structure is worked out.If you book a flight on BA's website they will tell you the a.c type. However all the flights i have booked with companies such as MyTravel and Thomas Cook never came with a.c info.Its likely you will get a 752. When i flew with Mytravel to Bodrum last year it was an a320, when i went with Thomas cook the year before it was a 752.Dave

Guest 247

Guys i just looked in my flight tickets and its a a320. To be honnest i was really wanted it to be on a 757-200 because ive never been on one before. I suppose i could hope for a tech issue hehe

a320s are cool, I haven't been in an airbus for a very long time! they have a cool sound you'll hear while you fly752 are nice too, comfy big planes, i fly in them ofteni love flying he 752 in FS9, but unfortunetly the best one out there being PSS is such a POS when it comes to perf, I barely fly it (specs in my sig) and the wilco airbus flat out sucks. I wish there was a nice short-med range airliner out there. I can't wait for the airliner xpsorry, didn't want to hijack your thread, but hearing about the 752 always excites me! lol

Guest 247

Lol dont worry about hijacking it...also its on both flights i think im going to try and get row 16 and the window seat soo im looking over the wing...and its an a320 both trips..i think its dangerous that people know the aircraft they will be going on for a long time before hand...couldnt you study the plans from it and work out the best way to toally destroy it...or work out how to fly her by using a decent payware sim or something similar ? any thoughts on this?

>..also its on both flights>i think im going to try and get row 16 and the window seat soo>im looking over the wing...Often the Airbus wing seats don't recline because of the emergency exits--something to consider if you want to recline....>and its an a320 both trips..I just flew an A319. You will like the engine sound I think.>i think>its dangerous that people know the aircraft they will be going>on for a long time before hand...I don't think its any more dangerous than not knowing it.>couldnt you study the plans>from it and work out the best way to toally destroy it...I think if someone wanted to do that, it would be quite a similar process and methods irregardless of the aircraft type.>or>work out how to fly her by using a decent payware sim or>something similar ? any thoughts on this? I think sim flying vs. really flying a sidestick aircraft, there would be no comparison. I fly A320's a lot in the sim but, heh, I might be familiar with the cockpit, v speeds, etc, but it would be a joke for me to actually fly a real one without any hands-on experience.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest airbus2

From my experience seat row 16 is a bit poor. I was stuck ther eonce on the way home from Greece. All you can see is down and the top of the wing. Ive flown in row 3, which is good for all round view. Seats 7 and 6 i had on a trip to Turkey. They allow engine views and good views of down below. Seats near the exits, rows 9, 10 and 11 will not recline, all others will. If i wanted to hijack a plane it wouldnt bother me knowing which type it was, the general layout in aircraft is the same.Dave

>>Seats near the exits, rows 9, 10 and 11 will not recline, all>others will. I second this. I was in Row 9 on an A319 and it was a no-recline seat due to the exit.Row 8 or anywhere forward of that in the A318/A319/A320 is good for downward view. Rows 9-10-11 are over the wing and not as good for down views.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest 247

Thanks for all the info guys and all your thoughts on the idea of knowing the aircraft type..anyway im thinking row 6 or 7 really..and il say what i think of the a320 when i get back lol