Sign in to follow this  

FSEdit question ??

I have read all of posts suggesting that people do not "TWEAK" existing aircraft with FSEdit. However, if I am creating Flight Dynamics from scratch I assume that I need to use it ?? Can I then use it again to "edit" the details I have put in - or will that cause problems ??Guess that the question is - when do I use FSedit and when do I switch to using AirEd ?????Any help appreciated !!

you can use FS Edit to work on things.... Just save a backup copy of your air file first.... then when you are done in FS Edit.paste the backup air file over the original one.Brian

Hi Brian - thanks for the reply....I take it that the original .air file comes from FSEdit ??

The issue is what do the equations in MS Aircraft Editor do. They aire unknowns. When you first build your aerodynamics model with Aircraft Editor, you get to choose the closest aerodynamics model provided by Microsoft in your fs2002aircrafttemplates folder. How do these models compare to your aircraft and what will Aircraft Editor do to your changes to the templates when you save the file. Maybe nothing but then again it may decide it doesn't like the information you gave, and it either changes the information or compiles the data into incorrect parameters in the *.air or aircraft.cfg files.Most of the "Tweaking" suggestions of staying away from Aircraft Editor have to do with importing FS98/FS2000 aircraft into FS2002. Aircraft Editor can cause some strange results. A big one is the aircraft sunk into the tarmac and others are poor aerodynamic stability.

I have all of the parameters pretty much worked out now - so I will have a play tonight and see what sort of stability I have. Hopefully I won't find that it makes the Mallard either a) Supersonic :-eek or :( do a good impression of a bucking bronco :-erks .....I think there are good odds I will be back here for help !!!!!Thanks for the reply !!