Sign in to follow this  
Guest Adrian Wainer

How many copies of MSFS get sold?

Guest fsxmissionguy

Santanu,If any investment firm guarantees you a 23% return on your money ... run in the opposite direction very fast because you will soon be a very very poor man.

Guest babua

...If any investment firm guarantees you a 23% return on your money ... run in the opposite direction very fast because you will soon be a very very poor man......No you are wrong. The average return from stock exchanges in india is about 35% so these mutual fund guys assure you 23% with a diversified portfolio, its pretty standard. bonds+mutual funds+SIP+fixed deposit will give you that, why else do you think foreign investment is pouring into china and india-returns are better.

The average return from stock exchanges in india is about 35%35% return is not the same as being able to withdraw 35% yearly from the fund.At most you'll be able to withdraw 8 to 9 % with is fantastic.However, historically - all over the world - withdrawing more than 2.5% yearly of the principle amount results in a net decrease of the entire fund value. 3.5% withdrawal rate results in using up the fund in 50 years, 4.5% in 25 years. One reason the Kennedy family fortune is much larger than when Joe set it up and still around is that they are limited to 2% per year maximum disbursement.The stock exchanges in India and China may be doing well. Actually China's stock exchange has started it's crash in the past couple months.But you have to be planning on a 20-30-40 year scale - and no one is going to guarantee you those returns for more than a few months - and even then the returns are subject to changes 'due to market fluctuations'.My 401K has been growing at 16-22% the past eight years - but even so - I've not made a penny. Why, because I haven't sold any of the investment.You only make money when you sell the investment and find out on that day what it is worth.Yes, the cost of living is much lower in India than in Dallas. In the strict numbers of currency - 100,000 dollars is a fortune in India and just a upper-middle class income in Dallas.That's why a few of the people in the company I work for return to India to retire.But most do not - our CFO has made the decision to stay in the US - because his children will not fit in and not have opportunities if the family returns to India - like they do as the children of a top executive of a Fortune 100 company in the US.When I do retire, I'll probably sell my home in Dallas and move to a rural area about 100 miles away - solely for the lower costs of living.Of course there is a downside to that - studies show that if you have a sudden health emergency - you are much more likely to die if you are in a rural area a couple hours from top notch medical care than if you are in a major metropolitan area like Dallas.

Guest Adrian Wainer

>> You are in fact expressing an opinion on a possability and>>presenting it in the terms of concrete fact.>>>No he isn't. Read what he actually said "I'd say it's>statistically impossible that less than 20% of AVSIM members>are pirates. Like it or not." That's a perfectly valid>conclusion from the evidence that the world-wide>average is 57%.>>Thank you for your observations, as a matter of fact I can read and understand comments made in English, and if you wish to be pendantic, it rather appears as if our friend is trying to have his cake and eat it, either it is a fact or it is not a fact that 20 percent of members of Avsim are engaged in the criminal activity of using illegal software or it is not a fact, to make a statement as damming as that to which my inital comments refer to, but merely to qualify it by using the words "Id say" is unreasonable, ir-responsible and offensive.With best and Warm RegardsAdrian Wainer

[CUT]Hi Adrian,well, aside the words used etc, I think it's a pity AVSIM cannot do a completely anonymous survey on piracy on his members, I bet the results would be surprising! :)Marco

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Guest Adrian Wainer

I would have no problem with that, a good point. That said as a person who has bought a number of Microsoft products, whilst the following would not in anyway justify criminal software activities, as a legitimate user of MS software, I believe MS in many ways does not give users of its products a fair deal e.g. issues to do with runing differant versions of Microsoft products on the same computer e.g. if you install Vista after XP that's fine but then if you find you have to re-install XP, that screws up the Vista and whilst there is a fix to get the Vista running okay after an XP re-installation, that screws up the XP instillation which you then have to apply a fix for, frankly with two such common place operating system as XP and Vista, it should not be beyond MS's resouces to devise a bootloader etc which would allow these two operating systems to function on the same computer in a more efficent and more stable manner. Whilst there are people who would decide to hate a company like Microsoft for no reason at all and there are people who would rip off MS products even if Microsoft was run by Mother Theresa, my personal view is that at least some of the piracy which Microsoft suffers is generated out of a feeling that Microsoft really has no interest in its customers. Best and Warm RegardsAdrian Wainer