Sign in to follow this  

xml, OBS setting

HiIs there any known way to _SET the OBS instead of INC and DEC? I've browsed through the known documents but I can't find anything useful.If it isn't such an event, what would be a good way of copying the airplanes current heading, to act as an 'OBS sync switch'?

Guest bartels

Just a guess: sometimes the argument of the K: event is used as stepsize (definetely true for DECISION_HEIGHT_INC and DEC), so possibly one step with the differential degrees as argument can be used.Arne BartelsP.S. sorry I forgot I did something like this a long time before in C gauges: try VOR1_SET and VOR2_SET

Please explain more about stepsize !I'm trying to make a xml gauge that set the DH but the step of increase or decrease was "33", why is that ?Thanks.

Guest bartels

If you define stepsizes in INCREASE_DECISION_HEIGHT and DECREASE_DECISION_HEIGHT it will be in meters.e.g. <Click> 1 (> K:INCREASE_DECISION_HEIGHT) </Click> increases decision height by 1m (approx. 3 ft)<Click> 10 (> K:INCREASE_DECISION_HEIGHT) </Click> by 10m (approx. 30ft) etc.if you use <Click> 0 (> K:INCREASE_DECISION_HEIGHT) </Click> or<Click Event="INCREASE_DECISION_HEIGHT" />the stepsize depends on decision height. The last example will stop at the predefined maxima (0ft and the maximum DH, I can't recall which precisely) whereas the first both examples have no automatic minimum or maximum (you can reach negative or very huge DHs)Arne Bartels

Thank you Bartels,I didn't know that the DH count by meters. Got it, pal. :)

Arne, I had no luck with passing an argument to INC/DEC, but the VOR1_SET worked like a charm. LOL, I was only searching for OBS... Oh well...Thanks.