Sign in to follow this  

I need some good ideas for a gauge...

I'm currently working on a radiostack (coded in C). The problem is that I want to be able to turn the radios off separately, I also want to turn off the sound from the audiopanel.I have not found an easy way to do this yet. So I thought that maby I could set some bogus frequencies to kill the sound. But that was not easy either. I'm not able to set the freqs outside their ranges. The worst part is that Dreamfleet does something to implement this in the Archer, so it is possible. It looks as though they change the freqs, because it is possible too tune the radios from the ATC-menu, when they are turned off.I have allso thougt about the possibillity to set the freqs to some frequency and check if the plane is out of range. That should be possible with NAV frequencies(allthough I havent tried), but I can't find a way to do that with the COM's.Any thoughts on this would be highly appreciated.Lars Martin Knutsenhttp://flightsimmers.net/airfield/fma

Guest bartels

I have a similar problem (CESSNA 400 Avionics), but haven't found a solution yet. I think I'll try something like tuning to an extreme frequency (118.00 or the upper range) if the switch is off or something like that.Arne Bartelsarne.bartels@nwn.de

I tipped Lars in a private mail, thought I'd check here if my responce is totally off...Why not use 121.5 (if memory serves me correct), it _shouldn't_ be in use anywhere - distress channel. Display the 'tuned' one of course.I didn't have any luck with the BDC thing in my 'so-called' xml-radios, so I got some C help :)

Guest bartels

Thanks, I haven't tried it yet, but it looks good. I hope no-one has used this frequency for other purposes in FS. I didn't thought of this since I'm only an simmer, with not much idea of real aviation. BTW if you are really interested in BCD conversions for XML, I have posted something here some time ago.Arne Bartels

Hehe, nice to have said something useful for a change :)There might be scenery around that would open a hangar door or something like that on a special frequency, but at least there should be no default FS chatter on this frequency. I don't think MS has any plans for any AI distress calls either :D