Sign in to follow this  
Guest Scott Campbell

Yet another BCC question - probably for Arne

Guest Scott Campbell

Good day to you. I have read all the posts (that I can find) regarding using BCC to compile the sample gauges, I have sd2gau12 and have compiled successfully. However, I can't use the gauge. When I load it up into FS Panel Studio, I get "does not contain a vaild Bitmap Resource". FSPS doesn't recognize it as a multiple gauge file, and needless to say it crashes FS2K2. BTW: I'm usin Win98 (if that matters). I've tried everything I can think of. This is why I don't program in C (I'm an artist and thus program in Pascal).I had to use the default gauges.h file because the one in sd2gau12 doesn't contain some definitions.If someone would post a BCC makefile that's working for them, that's a good place for me to start, otherwise, any advice is welcome.

Guest bartels

As I stated before, for me the fs2k2 gauges.h compiles without modifications (or at least very minor ones) with my BCC version (version 5.5.1) under Win98. The makefile I use, is the one from the bcc portion of the sd2gau12.zip. If you want you can mail me your troublesome files (.c,.h .rc, makefile, but please no bitmaps, I have only a modem) and if I find some time I'll have a look.Arne Bartels

Guest bartels

I'm still not sure what the problem really is, so it would be a lot better for me to check your files, but possibly one problem could be that this forums "forgets" the tabs in the start of some lines, which might be vital. So I try to attach my makefile for BCC, please check the placement of the gauges.h.Arne Bartelsarne.bartels@nwn.de

Guest Scott Campbell

Arne,Thanks. I'm not sure what I can send you. Everything's compiling fine. The only problem is that the bitmap resource ID's and individual gauge resource ID's apparently don't exist. So I can't see the gauges in FSPS. I CAN, however, see all the bitmaps using something like GauBMP.I was just wondering if there's something amiss in the res section of the sd2gau12 makefile. In the default VC one there's the bitmap files listed in the RES compilation. I tried using that one too, but also got the same "no vailid bitmap reousrce id" error in FSPS.So FSPS can't see the file as a multi-gauge one, and FS2K2 is definitely crashing for probably the same reasons.Has anyone else experienced this?If it's possible, Arne, can you send me your SDK.gau? I can make it easier for you by giving you an FTP upload site, or you can email it. Whichever is easier (yes, I remember modems ;-)). If I can load yours, then I'm missing something in my files.

Guest bartels

I hope the email with the compiled gauge reaches you. I don't know what could be wrong on your setup, but when it comes to resources and their ids the compiling can be a bit tricky. I experienced strange effects also with other compilers, with too high ids, textual ids (the name "RESOURCE_ID_XXX" instead of the number repesented by the define RESOURCE_ID_XXX) etc. always without compiler or linker errors, but with runtime problems, from not showing up over partial show up to crashes.So I recommend to start with a "fresh install" of the 2002 SDK to get the original sample code and then use the aforementioned BCC files to compile it.Arne Bartels

Guest Scott Campbell

Arne,Got it. Thanks! It's working just fine. :-beerchug I will do a comprehensive comparison of the files bit by bit, then backtrack. I'll see what I can do to get the flightmap working in my compilation. It may have something to do with it (I took it out because of all the errors it gave but probably didn't take out the references).So with your working gauge I have something to start with.Thanks again.