Sign in to follow this  
Johan_Dees

SMOKE SYSTEM GAUGE?

Hi,Would it be possible to make a little XML gauge that turns on andof the smoke system automatically at a certain altitude?This would be nice for the vapour trails.Johan

Hi,I have so far not succeeded in making anyh automation with xml gauges, just display values or use the pre-defined nouse clicks.The .gau format does permit to program the function you're talking about.Paco

Guest bartels

All necessary variables and events are avialable, so it should be possible to build a XML gauge for it. You need a <Value> line like:...<Value> (A:PRESSURE ALTITUDE,feet) 10000 > (>K:SMOKE_SET) (A:SMOKE ENABLE,bool) </Value>...I don't have the time to build a complete gauge, so you might need to find a competent gauge designer for it, ot try it by yourself.Arne Bartels

Guest eko

RKG Buttons Gauge should allow you to do this. It is a gauge with a set of buttons, most of which can be programmed to trigger most FS events. It comes with a list of events that can be triggered and how to program the button to do it. By Buddy Guy, IIRC.

> (A:PRESSURE ALTITUDE,feet) 10000 > >(>K:SMOKE_SET) (A:SMOKE ENABLE,bool) >... >I don't have the time to build a complete gauge, so you >might need to find a competent gauge designer for it, ot try >it by yourself. >Arne Bartels Is that Arabic? I dont understand it.. hehehCan anyone give it a try?Johan

Guest bartels

You asked for XML, you got XML...Arne Bartels

OOps, misunderstood something, so my original post made no sense. Where do I delete my message?

Are there any news on this already?Would be even great for AI use!Contrails, vapour trails, vortices, smoking engines etc. All triggered by temperature, pressure, dewpoint, speed, acceleration...ckfly

Johan, Nearly anything ( that has variables ) can be done in XML. :-) An example of an automatic smoke ( but for recip engine start ) can be seen at http://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...orum=DCForumID9 Just replace the Variables for the engine with some thing like Alt. temp. AOA etc... for Tip vortexes or whatever.Regards,RomanProject 737-400

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Yeah.. looks like it.. but its all abracadabra for me.. more knowledge of airfiles.. :-)Johan[A HREF=http://www.phoenix-simulation.co.uk]Phoenix Simulation Software[/A]Unofficial PSS website:www.people.zeelandnet.nl/johdMy help may not me much usefull, or usefull much..eh?