Sign in to follow this  

Can't get off the ground!

Help, I can't even get 2002 to recognize some downloaded stuff much less start designing. Never had this problem before but now the latest three downloads (Clipper B-314, Staggerwing Beech and a Tripacer) are not recognized in the aircraft selection window. All files seem to be ok including the cfg and air files. Is there a limit to the number of planes it will accept?I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling 2002 and also the aircraft files to no avail.Any help will be greatly appreciated.Arnie :-)

check the entire directory. some aircraft go under the unspecified directory when you try and pick a plane if the sim cant recogninze the model for some reason. you can still fly it. just means the AI aircraft wont have it and ATC will call you as an experimentalGen. Ernesto AlvarezNational CommanderVirtual Civil Air Patrolhttp://ealvarez.net/vcap.jpg

Thanks for the response. I've checked the "ALL" catagory and no soap. Still a mystery cause all the files look good in the aircraft directory.Arnie

Guest Dominik Mann

Beech Staggerwing you said? Where did you get that one? :D

It's at flightsim.com under staggerwing. I used to fly in one in the summer in Arizona and almost melted as the oil sump was located just in front of the instrument panel and acted as a radiator, at 118F it was almost unbearable. Brian Glad is the author on this one.Arnie