Sign in to follow this  
Guest Heather 636

Wish to Repaint but lost

Guest Heather 636

Hi, I have done some repainting in the past, before the days of Alpha files and the like but those have really gotten me confused.I fly the DC-3 a lot and would like to repaint it. However, none of the graphics programs that I have seem to work.I've tried pixia and I'm lost just trying to figure out how to use it.I have 2002 Pro and have tried to use "Imagetool" to change the images to a format I can work with but I get the message "Could not read bitmap image data."My finances are severely limited and I just can't afford to go out and buy some hundred dollar program just to repaint an airplane. All I want to do is paint ONE airplane!!!If worse comes to worse, is it possible for someone to just convert the external texture images to something I can work with (BMP/TGA/JPG) and send them to me. When finished, could I send them back and have you convert the format to something I can use in FS2002?Am I asking far too much here?Attached is a sample of some previous work I had done for my brother for his personal use of his Dehailland BeaverSincerely,Heather

Take a look here at Martin's excellent stuff. There is quite a good explanation of these file formats that comes with DXTbmp.http://fly.to/mwgfx/

Guest Heather 636

Thanks JB.Hopefully I'll find or learn what I need there.

Guest Heather 636

Downloaded DXTBmp and lo and behold! It works!!Finally! Something that a simple mind can understand!Thanks again!Cheers!Heather