Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

Aircraft Model Editor available ??

Hi,Can anybody tell me if there is an editor or decompiler, or SDK for the aircraft visual models? I have a number of aircraft that crash the sim, and I would like to know if there is any way that I can edit them.I already have the MDL repair utility, but the problems I think, are a little bit deeper. If I can, I would like to completely decompile the aircrafts visual model and fix the things that I believe are broken.Thanks to all,AJ.

No.Without the source file and appropriate program, you can't decompile the *.mdl.The flight dynamics, however, and that's where it appears your problems are, can be edited with freeware programs such as AirEd, Abacaus'FDE Editor (for the *.air files) and a text editor (Notepad) for the aircraft.cfg files.Assuming you have FS2002 Professional, you can use FSEdit.Hope this helps

Hi AJ, Rarely is the problem with the model (MDL) but usually with the panel or textures or sound. You can use SCASM to edit the MDL I beleive but that's as much as I know. Davewww.daviator.com