Sign in to follow this  
Guest JeanLuc_

GPS INFO

As I was reading the FS2002 Panel and Gauge SDK, I saw in the Flight Map sample that they are using a named variable called "FS2002 GPS DATA" to exchange data with GPS.Where is this variable defined?Is there any other named variable usable to retrieve other information?Is it possible to get traffic info through a named variable?If someone can answer one of these question, it would help...Thanks in advance !!Eric

Guest JeanLuc_

Hi Eric,the named variable of the sdk is created by the gps_export.dll found in the SDK. This has to be put in the modules folder. However, interrestingly enough, the NDA.DOC file of Microsoft included in the same SDK does not allow you to distribute this DLL. This means that if you build a gauge that relies on this DLL, it would be for your own use. Even if freeware.As for the Traffic info, I don't know. For now, the trick is kept by few (2?) people (FSUIPC and AIMAP creators).Besides, I've just noticed that at www.reality-xp.com they have unveiled a new SDK for their great Flight Line Avionics GPS!Hope it helps!

Thanks for your help !!I now understand that the SDK FlightMap gauge works with gps_export module. But I didn't find any NDA.DOC in the SDK, I never saw that the distribution of the DLL is forbidden.And I didn't understand why you indicated the Reality XP web site. What's the use of their SDK here?Thanks !!Eric

Guest JeanLuc_

Hi Rocky,when decompressing the SDK, there is a folder created typically:FS2002SDKAircraftPanels_SDKat the root of which you have 4 folders (doc, inc, other, sample) and a NDA.DOC file.The details are in 1)a) GRANT OF LICENSE, especially the "Recipient shall not rent, lease, sell, sublicense, assign, or otherwise transfer any portion of the Product. " (the product being the SDK in itself here)and in 5) CONFIDENTIALITY "Recipient agrees not to disclose or provide the Product, documentation, or any related information (including the Product features or the results of use or testing) to any third party, for a period of one year following receipt of the Product or commercial release of the Product, whichever occurs first. "Following your questions: "variable called "FS2002 GPS DATA" to exchange data with GPS. Where is this variable defined?Is there any other named variable usable to retrieve other information?"I've provided the link to www.reality-xp.com and the SDK information for letting you know that a SDK is becoming available to develop HSIs or other instruments that relies on GPS data (CDI needles deviation, phase of the flight relative to the FAF, the destination airport...). It looks like it is available for developping instruments that would work with user's of the Flight Line Avionics GPS. This not looks like to be resricted as the Microsoft SDK in terms of distribution.Hope it helps!

In fact, I couldn't find the document because it is named EULA.doc (End User License Agreement). Thanks for highlighting the interesting sentence, because reading all the document is a real pain...About Reality XP, this SDK is interesting, but it is only for Flight Line Avionics GPS users, isn't it?Eric

Guest JeanLuc_

Hi Eric,it looks like being only available for user's of the Flight Line Avionics. Comparing the default FS2K2 and the Reality XP's, no wonder! I can't fly without it, especially since the display or the Airspaces on the moving map !!Hope it helps!