Sign in to follow this  

repainting with adobe photoshop 6.0 - tutorial?

does anyone know of a tutorial for doing repaints with the Adobe Photoshop 6.0 software? i've worked out the basics for myself and from cobbling together info for other graphics software, but wondered if there was anything i was missing. thanks! :)

I don't really think that if you have the basics of FS texturing, and know the differences in formats, etc., that you "need" specific tutorials on "Repainting with Adobe Photoshop".I've found texturing tutorials using Photoshop as the base, but the basic principles apply to any of the graphics programs.

understood. thanks! just wanted to make sure i wasn't missing anything...

nice one, that should do the trick for any lingering problems. appreciated! :)

I've got a question. I'm trying to repaint the new Dash 7 and am confused on how to get the "Alpha" channel??? I can create a alpha channel in PS, but what next. When you convert the texture BMP's for editing in PS6 you lose the Alpha channel and I can't figure out how to get it back? I can save all my repaints as DXT1 and the repaint works, but I'm sure it would look better in DXT3 Format.P.S. That link to Aluminum Cloud sounds good if I could find the tutorial you are referring to... I don't really see a good repainting tutorial there though?thanks!

Fred,When you use imagetool to save the textures in BMP format, make sure you save them in 32-bit format. That way, you won't lose the alpha channel.Then, when you open it in Photoshop (I assume you mean Photoshop and not PaintShopPro?), take a look at the layers/channels/paths pallette (usually in the bottom right corner of the screen). Click on the channels path, and you will be able to switch between editing the normal colors (RGB channel) and the alpha channel.Matt

Thanks Matt, I think I figured that out. Now what I'm really wondering is what do you do to the alpha channel??? ;-)) I'm sure that can't be answered here as it's probably a lot, but... ;-)I'd love to get that nice shinny looking paintjob.thanks again!