Sign in to follow this  
ErnieAlston

Vector Gauge in Virtual Cockpit

I am developing a radar gauge which uses vector graphics. It works perfect, but the vector drawings of the gauge do not appear in virtual cockpit mode.Any explanation?Thanks in advance !!Eric

I use vector drawing exactly like in the Flight Map gauge provided with the FS2002 SDK. I am not expert in Windows GDI (I am becoming one...), so I followed carefully the Flight Map sample. I used the image flag IMAGE_USE_ERASE|IMAGE_USE_BRIGHT|IMAGE_CREATE_DIBSECTIONIt works perfect in normal cockpit, but not in VC.Eric

Eric.. Unfortunately.. vector drawn gauges DO NOT work in the Virtual cockpit .. We hit the same wall with the Airbus :(

>Eric.. Unfortunately.. vector drawn gauges DO NOT work in >the Virtual cockpit .. >>We hit the same wall with the Airbus :( Actually, this "is" possible.The upcoming Meridian developed by Flight 1 and Reality XP does indeed allow Vector Gauges to be drawn in the VC with No impact what so ever. If you are a registered user of the UPS Flight Line Avionics by Reality XP, you can download a demo version that displays this technology in the 737. Point your browser to:http://www.reality-xp.comBest Regards,Jim RhoadsFlight One Software

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hello Jim.That is great news! But I am not a UPS user, shouldn't I still be able to demo it, to see if I want to buy it?

>>Eric.. Unfortunately.. vector drawn gauges DO NOT work in >>the Virtual cockpit .. >>>>We hit the same wall with the Airbus :( >>Actually, this "is" possible. >The upcoming Meridian developed by Flight 1 and Reality XP Well, I suppose knowing that it is possible is at least marginally useful knowledge, but it doesn't do a whole lot towards other developer's learning how to do it...

>Actually, this "is" possible. >The upcoming Meridian developed by Flight 1 and Reality XP >Well, I suppose knowing that it is possible is at least marginally >useful knowledge, but it doesn't do a whole lot towards other >developer's learning how to do it...Actually it does as the toolset used to develop it (True Display XP) appears to be soon marketed to developers.True Display XP doesn't sound cheap, but then few top notch development tools are.But this could be quite a boon to the quality of gauges overall for those developers willing to make the investment (freeware, shareware, payware,etc).It certainly has piqued my interest.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

Guest JeanLuc_

Hi Ernie,your post sure piqued my interest too! do you know were I can find additional information about True Display XP for developers? You mention "doesn't sound cheap". What is the proposed price? I have not been able to find any more information about it at www.reality-xp.com

>your post sure piqued my interest too! do you know were I can find >additional information about True Display XP for developers? You >mention "doesn't sound cheap". What is the proposed price? I have >not been >able to find any more information about it at www.reality->xp.comThe decription is on the main page, just scroll down to the header that reads 'True Display XP:'Of course I'm only going from what I read from the Press Release description on their web site.It does say "...a set of design methods and programming tools...proprietary technology...comprehensive set of techniques..."The description sounds to me like an appication development toolset. Perhaps a library of DLL's or OCX controls. I'd guess C++ knowledge would be required. Can't see what they are describing as possiblewith XML alone. VB is probably out too since it appears to be a gauge development tool.Which IMO means only serious gauge developers would be interested in it, a rather small market. So to me (advanced "proprietory" technology) + (small customer base) = High price.No different from other top quality development tools really.I have no idea what the price is, there was no mention of it on the site but I'd guess hundreds dollars at least.As a developer if it allowed me to develop high quality gauges, It'd be well worth it. Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg