Sign in to follow this  

Future virtual cokpit

Hello,I wonder if it is possible to make a virtual cockpit with not only functional gauges but also buttons ! Just like in 2D panel.Moreover if that virtual cockpit could have same frame rate than the 2D panel, oh my god, it would be cool.Will we have to wait for FS2004 for that ?Nadege

it seems that nobody cares to the future virtual cockpit for fs2002.;-)

>>it seems that nobody cares to the future virtual cockpit for >fs2002. >>;-) Well, I certainly don't. AFAIC, they're a waste of resources, but I know that many others use them and like them.

Well, I certainly do :) The 2D panel nearly always has to be compromised in terms of what you can include from the real panel, and still have it clear and readable. Virtual cockpit can have the real panel, real positions, real sizes, and real size relation on the instruments.But until clickareas can be defined within the VC, probably not even for FS2004, the 2D panel is for me a sorry musthave.Currently there are no ways of defining clickpoints in VC.

>Well, I certainly do :) The 2D panel nearly always has to be >compromised in terms of what you can include from the real >panel, and still have it clear and readable. Virtual cockpit >can have the real panel, real positions, real sizes, and >real size relation on the instruments. >>But until clickareas can be defined within the VC, probably >not even for FS2004, the 2D panel is for me a sorry >musthave. >>Currently there are no ways of defining clickpoints in VC. More important to me is readability. Currently, 3D panels are too fuzzy, and the instruments way too small to be of any real value for serious flying.They are passable for leisurely VFR poodling around, but not much else... IMHO, of course! :)

I think that readability on the VC is ok, depending on how much you zoom. Moreover, there are some tricks like digital display like Dreamfleet did with its Archer II.What I like in the VC is that you have a better feeling of flying and being in the aircraft, plus you can look through the windows the way you want. I do not have that feeling in the 2D panel.In fact, I have heard that some could break the Microsoft code so they can put sensitive zones in the VC, allowing mouse clicks !!!

>What I like in the VC is that you have a better feeling of >flying and being in the aircraft, plus you can look through >the windows the way you want. I do not have that feeling in >the 2D panel. Now that is an indisputable fact! I suspect that the next iteration of FS will have improved on the VC enough to sway me over... :)>In fact, I have heard that some could break the Microsoft >code so they can put sensitive zones in the VC, allowing >mouse clicks !!! That is indeed good news, if true. I'm a bit 'old fashioned,' in that I fly the panel. The visual model of the a/c itself may as well look like a '53 Buick for all I care... ;)

BillI dont know if it is true but a well informed friend told me about that. We will know soon anyway. Anyway you seem funny Bill with your old fashion way ;-)