Sign in to follow this  

CABDIR.EXE Errors?

Could someone please look at the following and explain why this simple XML gauge will work perfectly well when CAB'd by itself, but causes every other gauge in a set to completely disappear when the set is CAB'd together?The two little bitmaps are placed in the 640 folder...(A:GPS DRIVES NAV1,bool)I've tried placing the two bitmaps in the root folder also, but the same things happens. When the gauge is CAB'd by itself, it works perfectly. When CAB'd with the rest of the XML gauges in TB20GT.CAB all the gauges in that CAB simply will not display!I've pulled what remains of my hair out for two hours... TIA

Bill, The code looks good, quite possibly do you have a 1024 folder also, used by the other gauges ?? In any case you could try creating a 1024 folder, copiing over all the .bmps from 640, then cab them. (no need to convert sizes etc... ). Another possibility is 2 zeros as X/Y maybe try the 640 size there too. I.E. 90,87,90,87.Hope it helps.Regards, Roman(KGRB)

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

>Bill, >> The code looks good, quite possibly do you have a 1024 >folder also, used by the other gauges ?? In any case you >could try creating a 1024 folder, copiing over all the .bmps >from 640, then cab them. (no need to convert sizes etc... ). >Another possibility is 2 zeros as X/Y maybe try the 640 size >there too. I.E. 90,87,90,87. Thanks, I've tried copying the two bitmaps into the 1024 folder also, but did not change the 90,87,90,87 yet...I'll try that out and see what happens!Several times yesterday, when I CAB'd the collection (before this gauge was added), the same thing happened with those!Reruning the CAB.EXE again 'solved' the problem... so perhaps there's a hiccup in the CAB.EXE packing routine also... Thanks again for the suggestion.

>Bill, >> The code looks good, quite possibly do you have a 1024 >folder also, used by the other gauges ?? In any case you >could try creating a 1024 folder, copiing over all the .bmps >from 640, then cab them. (no need to convert sizes etc... ). >Another possibility is 2 zeros as X/Y maybe try the 640 size >there too. I.E. 90,87,90,87. Ha! Now I remember where else I read the same advice that Arne gave! Yep, that was the problem! :)Thanks again.