Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Found out I lost a friend in a crash

Sorry to hear that Chris. He sounded like a top notch kid with a ton of hours for just 23.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Chris,My prayers are with you and David's family.Years ago two friends were involved in a crash; one friend passed, one survived. I'm also aware of a few acquaintances that passed. Flying is safe, but not 100% safe.Hang in there.Jim

That has to be the worst to hear about someone you know-hasn't happened to me yet in 18 years so sad you have to experience this so soon....I have had people squished out in car accidents (almost me), friends sons and daughters to accidents/cancer etc. so I guess we have to put it all into the big perspective...flying is great but not perfect, but either is life-and the highs and experiences from flying are certainly worth the slightly great risk-at least my perspective.Thanks for your travel advice-I will be hitting the Chelan/Stehekin area for a couple days amoung others in a few weeks-looking forward to it! Hope Port Angeles is not a permanent state of low ceilings/fog....

>That has to be the worst to hear about someone you>know-hasn't happened to me yet in 18 years so sad you have to>experience this so soon....I've had experiences like this before and it is very difficult to accept. A great guy before this was Kevin Dukes. His accident happened a few years ago at the same airport I fly out of when I am in Seattle.http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/loca...necrash06m.htmlHere was another amazing guy that really helped me get back on the horse after 9/11 stopped many of us student pilots. He used to stop into the Aviator's Store where I used to work at on Boeing Field and he would talk to me and teach me a few new things and even invited me to go flying with him when he was out solo. >I have had people squished out in car accidents (almost me),>friends sons and daughters to accidents/cancer etc. so I guess>we have to put it all into the big perspective...flying is>great but not perfect, but either is life-and the highs and>experiences from flying are certainly worth the slightly great>risk-at least my perspective.One of my Grandfathers was an Oncologist and I used to go on rounds with him at the hospital. From that I learned early how fragile life can be. He really proved to me how to be a real man and to help people in need. I wish I could pay him back but he has since passed away so the only way to do it is to pass on his memory and act just how he has.>Thanks for your travel advice-I will be hitting the>Chelan/Stehekin area for a couple days amoung others in a few>weeks-looking forward to it! Hope Port Angeles is not a>permanent state of low ceilings/fog....If you are ever in a pickle and need a place to stay while in Washington I will be living by both MWH and RNT with tie downs for the summer and you are always welcome to stay at either houses.

This happened to me last February. One of my best friends went down in a Socata 700 in New Bedford, MA. It shouldn't have happened, but it did! It's still under investigation, but, to this day, it really hurts when I think about our relationship and the circumstances.I sincerely hope that soon you will heal from this. Stan