Sign in to follow this  
Guest harry3

XML-Beginner question

Guest harry3

Hi!I'm new at xml-gauge programming. I've started with the easiest gauge of the FS2002, the Icons Gauge. I've understood it except one thing: There's the "click" in the "mouse directory": There's the XML_text with the following text containing: 270 (>K:PANEL_ID_TOGGLE)What is the 270 for? Is it the "callsign" for oppening the clock? I want to programm such a gauge for opening an overheadpanel. What number must I write instad of 270? How can I make the FS2002 know which (sub)panel[Overheadpanel] is meant?Hope you can explain me this,Happy flyingharry3

Guest bartels

It is the associated ident=... number of the windows from the panel.cfg. There are some predefined ones:IDENT_MAIN_PANEL 0THROTTLE_PANEL 10RADIO_STACK_PANEL 50COMPASS_PANEL 75MINI_CONTROLS_PANEL 100ANNUNCIATOR_PANEL 125ANNUNCIATOR2_PANEL 150IFR_MAIN_PANEL 175COLLECTIVE_PANEL 200GPS_PANEL 225OVERHEAD_PANEL 250Arne Bartels

Harry, #3 There was an old post from many moons ago ... http://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...orum=DCForumID9 also apart from Arne's "mini-tutorial" there is nothing better than searching the forums here. Just type XML and have yourself a good days worth of reading. All good. Regards,RomanProject 737-400

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Guest harry3

Thanks for your answers!Now, I'm working on an EADI. The programming is finished, but the painting not yet. I don't know what the "Attitude_Card_Outside_Mask.bmp" and the "Attitude_Card_Outside_Mask.bmp" is for. It's all black when I open it, so I don't know how to work with those 2 files. But I've to repaint them, because the .bmp 's are from the Baron, so it's the wrong shape.Happy flying and programmingharry3

Guest harry3

And the story continues...I've tried it with repainting the .bmp[as I wrote above].But always, when I fly a curve, the edges of the EADI-display go black, because there is no bitmap to be displayed. [see the picture attached! It's shown by the red arrow!].So, what must I do? I've no idea!Happy flyingharry3

Harry3, You could try to resize that bitmap, make it larger..( may have to repaint to keep it proportional) The mask will keep it from showing outside the viewing area.. Unless you make it too big, the mask may have to be repainted and sized.. I would try just increasing the size of that bitmap 1st.. Regards,RomanProject 737-400

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Guest harry3

It's me again...I've not really solved the problem mentioned above, but it's better now, because I've reworked the whole gauge yesterday.I've now built a FD into the EADI, but when I turn the FD on, it turns around like if it would be drunken! (Picture for this below!)When I turn on a AP-function [like HDG, ALT,...], it sometimes gets better, but sometimes not...The next thing is that it shows the attitude wrong when I make a turn with 90

Guest harry3

I'm really asking me this question! O.K, it's my first gauge, but...I've found out some more info about the bug with the wrong-shown bank. When I fly a 45

Guest harry3

I've now solved the problem, the EADI now shows 45

Position is an offset for the element. You can write several related switches into one gauge, wher position means where the graphics of each is to be placed. You have to include a size tag for this to work correctly. You can use position to say where the element is to be positioned in your gauge."It doesn't work as it should" means you probably don't fully understand what is going on and how things are built up. Don't worry though, we've all been there in the start :) I notice you've been able to resort many problems on your own, which means you're definately on the right track.I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "move at the curve", but a SHIFT command should move any element along any given x and y positions according to the value read.BRIGHT="Yes" means that the element will be full bright at all times. It could be used to simulate nightlightning, but I prefer the Luminous="Yes" method as I can adjust myelf what color is to be used. Bright (when combined with the day graphics) tend to be far too bright at night, ruining my night vision. Or use it on any digital displays, such as radio frequencies or your EADI. Has to be set for each graphical element I think."Bool" describes pararameter to be of on/off type. It can only hold 0 or 1, whereas "enum" could hold any number. "Degrees" means a 0-360 number and so on.Shift is an element modifier; it will move things around according to your input/x/y scale in the same way a rotate function will rotate an element.x/y begins at the top left corner of your gauge. Sometimes you will need an "axis" subelement to describe the center of your element.Check out the Baron's attitude indicator for an example of flight director bars of your type, but don't use the builtin tooltip as it is bugged - build your own.An example of custom tooltips goes something like this:Total Fuel Flow(%((A:ENG1 FUEL FLOW PPH, pound per hour) (A:ENG2 FUEL FLOW PPH, pound per hour) +)%!d! pound/hour)This will now show the total fuelflow in two engines.

Guest harry3

Thanks for your answer, Karl Pettersen!So, the last thing I want to add to my gauge is a ILS-display(LOC/GS).I took the code from the 747-400. Then I typed in the right coordinates. But the problem is, that the GS/LOC displays are double! They are one time shown at the right position, and one time at the wrong position. When I take the code of the GS from the Beech Baron, it's the same problem. But I just typed in one position, so I don't understand why they're shown twice!Why are those two codes working at the 747/Baron, but not at my gauge?Best regardsharry3

Guest harry3

Here's a picture of the problem with the ILS!(and of the gauge I'm building-in real)Of course, the position of the LOC/GS-background is not correct, but that's not the problem!The problem is, that all ILS-displays(LOC,GS) are displayed twice. But I just took the code of the 747, and the 747 has only one GS and one LOC. Maybe somebody knows an answer,harry3

I'm not sure really. I've had things come up outside the view as well, but I'm not sure how I fixed it :One thing that could cause some weird problems, is the case where you assign one set of values when the default code is "built" for two separate set of bitmaps.Although I didn't do it myself in my EHSI which was also basen on the 747-400 (naive and a total beginner at the time), I would strip down the code to work with one set of bitmaps only. When you assign values by trial and error, to overcome that 1:1.6 scale ratio, things tend to go sour. Keep it to one set of values, and everything falls into place. The point is that when you work with two bitmaps (i.e. ImageSizes="100,100,75,75" instead of ImageSizes="100,100") is that all scaled values later on would be based on the smaller bitmap.Could you show the code that causes this, and I'll look into it further (no promises though)?

Guest harry3

Hi Karl Pettersen !You've got an e-mail in your inbox. Would be very nice if you could look where the bug is!Best regardsHarry