Sign in to follow this  
brucek

Favorite passenger airplane

Everyone's got a favorite, right? What's yours?As for me I love the old Connie and the 727. We had an old TCA (Trans Canada Airlines) parked in front of a Hotel, near Pearson airport. It was used as a cocktail bar. Even the cockpit was open for viewing. Unfortunatley, it was eventualy closed and was at the center of a contraversey for awhile. Read about it here. www.canadiansuperconnie.org/index.htmAs for the 727, I just love those swept back wings and the flaps are a work of art. The high "T" tail and engine cluster make the 727 one of a kind. The new modified 727's with the tall winglets make it look even better.Dave FisherCYYZP4 Prescott 3.2e 478p 800mhz 1mg CPUP4P800SE Asus Motherboard2.5 gig PC3200 DDR RAM 400MHZGeForce 7600GT/512 OC'dMaxtor 80 Gig ATA 133 HD x2WDC WD800 80 Gig HDAntec 500watt true powerSharp 19 inch LCD MonitorLogitech Extreme 3D pro Joystickhttp://fs2crew.com/linepilot.jpg

Well, the Connie was one of the most beautiful aircraft to ever take to the air.I never flew on one commercially - just about 1,250 hours in military birds.I did fly in DC-6 and DC-3's commercially. Not that great, but it was long past their prime in small Caribbean and Asian markets.The best aircraft from a passenger prespective for me was the L-1011.Now it might have been the EAL crews attitudes. The crew attitude often makes a fantastics difference.Some of my best flights were of course first class upgrades - an AAL B707 with the long lounge/ couch up front, the upper deck of the B747, etc.I guess getting to fly the Challengers and Gulfstreams of my company don't count as passenger aircraft - but were nice.The B727 is a fantastic bird and I've been in two incidents were I wasn't sure it was going to survive. The solid old bird came through both quite well, much to my relief.

Guest Bizub4

The Boeing 747-400ER is the best airplane around. Heck it's the second best plane ever(right after the Wright Flier) It will go down in history.

Guest airbus2

To many for me to choose!747 - all varientsConcorde - went in one for a look around todayA380 - I just like itA320 - First plane i ever went onDragoon rapide - oldest plane ive had a ride inBAC 1-11 - also had a look around one of these...and many more!Dave

Guest 733lover

Mine is the 737-300. I just love the flaps and the flat engine bottoms. The cockpit never seems to age, and the inside cabin makes it look like it was built yesterday. The 737-300 will also go down in history as one of America's most succesful airplanes. My second would be an MD-80. Any McDonald Doulgas plane I love.

I love the old tubular engines on the 732's, with clamshell reversers.http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=0379...=0370837&size=LDave FisherCYYZP4 Prescott 3.2e 478p 800mhz 1mg CPUP4P800SE Asus Motherboard2.5 gig PC3200 DDR RAM 400MHZGeForce 7600GT/512 OC'dMaxtor 80 Gig ATA 133 HD x2WDC WD800 80 Gig HDAntec 500watt true powerSharp 19 inch LCD MonitorLogitech Extreme 3D pro Joystickhttp://fs2crew.com/linepilot.jpg

Guest PARADISE

I have two favorites. The first is the B-727.... It was my first ride on a jet, National Airlines from KDCA to KJFK. On that same trip we then boarded a British Airways VC-10, my other favorite, to Glasgow, Scotland. I was about 10 or 11 years old and in those days the flight crew kept the cockpit door open for the duration of the flight. Being lucky to fly first class, I was asked if I would like to see the cockpit. I not only got to see the cockpit, but the FO actually let me sit in his seat while he went to the cabin. The captain spent about 15 minutes explaining all the controls,dials and switches. Those 15 minutes in the right seat over the Atlantic got me hooked on flying.........best 15 minutes I've ever spent in my life.John M

I've always liked the DC-10, and also the KC-10 was the best military ride I've had.scott s..

TU-154m - looks great, sounds great and was comfortable to fly in when LOT had them.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Guest Pilot533

757/767, 737-800/300, MD-82.

Guest CRJ700FO

i'll vote for a midwest 717. you cannot beat their "coach" seat.

I like anything that has an engine in the rear of the fuselage, or on the tail (covers B727,DC9/M80, DC10, MD11 and more).Having an engine (or several) way aft of the normal CG requires the wings to be set back on the fuselage, and results in that great canti-levered forward fuselage.The B727 additionally has very swept wings, so much that the wing tips are almost opposite the tail. This introduces landing challenges, as most B727 pilots (I am not one) love to talk about.Bruce.