Sign in to follow this  
scott967

Aloha Airlines at BUR.

Guest 733lover

Did Aloha Airlines actually fly regularly into BUR or were they just chartered flights. I found some photos on airliners.net. Scroll to the third and the sixth photo's. The reason I did it that way was becuase I wanted everyone to see they actually flew in and out of BUR. Take a look:http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.sear...es=79245&page=0

Guest 733lover

Why did they stop. Thoses photos were from 2004 so they wern't too long ago. Why did they stop though?

I have no idea why they stopped, but one has to presume it was because the flight wasn't making money.It's a long leg for a B737/B737W - I don't know if they could make the trip with a full enough load to make a profit.It would have been the only narrow body aircraft flying the west coast to Hawaii - you know how irrational passenger expectations can be at times - that would be a distinct disadvantage in my opinion.

>It would have been the only narrow body aircraft flying the>west coast to Hawaii - you know how irrational passenger>expectations can be at times - that would be a distinct>disadvantage in my opinion.Actually that's not true! Aloha still flies 737's out of Oakland and KSNA in the LA area to Hawaii airports including PHNL, as well as American Trans Air. AAL, AMT and UAL flies 757's out of LAX and SFO also. which are also narrow bodies, I think there are some out of Vegas also! Northwest flies 757-300's to PHNL from Seattle also!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

When aloha obtained their 738s, it appears their business plan was to try to service airports that wouldn't directly compete with existing service. It seems like they are changing their schedules often, so I'm not sure the plan is that successful. OTOH it's often said the money to be made is in the transpac, not interisland flights (though since they are just out of bankruptcy, profit is a relative term). Since Mesa is providing competition in the interisland market, it remains to be seen if aloha will survive.scott s..

Aloha doesn't have any -800 series aircraft.Also they have a weight problem because they need to run full fuel against the winds back to the islands. One of my professors is a pilot for Hawaiian and he was telling me that they actually carried some of Aloha's baggage back to the islands.

Sorry, should have engaged brain. -7 series.scott s..

Guest 733lover

I flew to Hawaii on ATA in a 737-800 not to long ago. It was out of LAX.

Well, I wasn't allowd in Hawaii as long as my first wife lived there.Not a court order, just a good idea.Now that she's gone, I might go back for the first time since 1974.

You'll find that Hotel St has gone (at least somewhat) upscale if you do!scott s..