Sign in to follow this  

Another XML-Question

Guest harry3

Hi!I'm currently working on a xml-"fasten seatbelts" gauge. I've already added the sound, it's working. But I want to have two different bitmaps (for "on" and "off"). I need a value for the two cases. Is there an Event ID for a fake? I couldn't find one! Because I just want to change the bitmap when I click onto the gauge, and the sound should be played(which is already working!), but nothing else should happen! ( I can't write the K-Event for the sound into the Value, because when I do this, the sound is played all the time!)Best regardsharry3 :-)

Guest harry3

Thanks for your answer.If you want to have sounds with xml, you'll have to download XML Sound Gauge(to find in the AVSIM-library: xmlsound.zip ).So, now please tell me how such a L-Var works! I just want to change the bitmap, as mentioned above. So I write (L:Seatbelt) or what??? I really don't know what to do, because there nothing about it in the FS2002 SDK and also not in the xml-mini tuturial!Maybe you could explain it a little bit for me!Happy flyingharry3 :-)

Guest harry3

I just saw that you're from Germany, so you're german speaking! Are you sometimes in the FlightXpress Forum? If yes, I'm also harry3 there. Then we could discuss erverything there,in the good old german language!Gr

Hehe YO MAN!!!Yep, I'm from EDDF and I AM in the flightXpress forum. Aber ich muss ehrlich sagen, die englischen Foren (bzw. die Leute da drin) gefallen mir (meistens) viel besser :-) Nichts gegen Deutsche o.

Guest harry3

Wenn, dann im FXP-Designerforum. Welchen Benutzernamen hast du denn im FXP-Forum?So, and now I'm speaking English again. Promised :-beerchug Anybody knows how to use those L-variables? Or any documentation about it!? Why does Microssoft not releas a SDK about XML-gauges. Not only those 3pages or so in the panel.sdk! happy flyingharry3

No disrespect, but, please keep it to english.In regard to the actual topic - since I don't understand what came out of the above mentioned german words, here is my Seat Belt switch:(G:Var1) ! (>G:Var1) 0 (>K:TOGGLE_AFTERBURNER1) (G:Var1) (A:ELECTRICAL MASTER BATTERY,bool) && if{ 0 (>K:TOGGLE_AFTERBURNER3) }Afterburner1 will play the clicksound regardless, and afterburner3 will play the seatbelt chime only when the switch is set to one and only if battery is turned on.Image is selected in the usual manner: (G:Var1)Hope it helps.

And Karl, btw, nothing came out of the 'German words'! Sorry, we'll speak English now, as usual. :-)Etienne :-wave

Guest harry3

Thank you very much for your answer!The code worked. I had to change some things, because your code just worked in one "direction"(from off to on position). Now the sound is played in all 2 directions!How do you know where a ! comes and what to write!? Is this standart-xml-knowledge or is this special knowledge for MSFS??? One thing, what I didn't understand yet, is what the > is for. Sometimes you write (K:.......) and sometimes you write (>K:......). What's the difference between the one with and the other without the >???Best regards Harry :-smooch

Guest bartels

(K: will never work it is reading from an event. (L: (G: (A: (P: will work these are readable variables. (&K: does work since this is writing to an event, (&G: (&L: does also work.To summarize: K: events are write-only A: and P: variables are read-only G: and L. are read-write variables but with no effect on the "rest" of FSArne Bartels

Guest harry3

O.K, thanks for the answer!But where do I find information about G/L-Variables? Will there once be a XML-SDK. Or a documentation about it?best regrads,harry3 :-)

Guest bartels

I don't think there will be a XML SDK by Microsoft. In their opinion all necessary information is in the Aircraft and Panel SDK. There is still xmlgau01.zip available here in the download section, it is also far from complete, but it might be enough. Also take in account that xmlgau01.zip was written before the official SDK came out, so it lacks some info that is only in the SDK.Arne Bartels

>(K: will never work it is reading from an event. (L: (G: >(A: (P: will work these are readable variables. (&K: >does work since this is writing to an event, (&G: >(&L: does also work. >To summarize: > K: events are write-only > A: and P: variables are read-only > G: and L. are read-write variables but with no effect on >the "rest" of FS >Arne Bartels I just want to add that G: will often not work as well as L: when used in a virtual cokpit gauge; states determined by G: does not show up, G: based timers gets all messed up etc. The only apparent (to me anyway) difference on a L and G variable is that G variables doesn't need a "type" declaration. Let me know if I'm wrong.Just for the record; I don't think I used any (K: in my switch, only (>K:, (L:, or (A: (write, read, and read respectively). Also, as far as I've understood my aircrafts system, the sound only chimes when switched on - it used to work both ways before I changed it :)Finally, I'd like to point out that Arne's list of variables contains more variables than what is listed in the SDK, so even if you've got the SDK installed, the list could still prove useful.