Sign in to follow this  

Sound In XML Gauges

First, I would like to thank everyone for the kind emails I have been receiving concerning the XMLSound gauge (xmlsound.zip). I really do appreciate the kind words.Because of the amount of emails and words such as

Good Show!!! Like your honesty! Thanks to you, Arne Bartels, and Dai Griffiths for all the great gauge information being passed to us novices!

>Second, I am currently working on a project (along with >other projects) giving the XML gauges the k-events that are >missing. I know there are some. If you have a specific >project that needs some of these k-events, please email me >(mteetime@bellsouth.net) and let me know. Bill, this is truly refreshing! This is a mark of integrity that evidences a deep, underlying humility, that so often seems absent in today's prevaling ethos.My KMA 28 is complete, waiting patiently for the missing k_events to make it 100% functional... :)

Well, I've sent Arne some "thank you" posts in the past, of course embedded with questions :D I expect him to be a busy man, and I won't bug him in person - even for gratitude (?) mails. The reason is that I've seen him monitoring this discussion board and frequently is happy to share his knowlegde. Better that all read the answer, than just me, as would be the case in a private conversations.The fact that Arne, Dai, and too many others to name them all here, has been of great help and importance to the hobby goes without saying.About the KMA28. Have a C gauge on top (draw_order command in panel.cfg) do the transmit select. Please implement the default tooltips (Inner Marker - not passed etc), and check against my test-switches on the units. Both AP and radio should have to be in "test" (arg) mode for ident to be heard?I could send this request to the one that did our KMA28 (which is full C made). I intended to make it myself in xml, but I couldn't turn down the offer, as it seemed impossible with the missing events. Feel free to drop me a copy :)

>The fact that Arne, Dai, and too many others to name them >all here, has been of great help and importance to the hobby >goes without saying.That is very, very true! Without each other's help, we are all doomed to forever 'reinvent the wheel!' :)>About the KMA28. Have a C gauge on top (draw_order command >in panel.cfg) do the transmit select. Please implement the >default tooltips (Inner Marker - not passed etc), and check >against my test-switches on the units. Both AP and radio >should have to be in "test" (arg) mode for ident to be >heard?The KMA 28 is finished. Well, as finished as I feel like for the moment... :)In keeping with my KISS philosophy, I've used the SPK button to act as a "Both" toggle. Pressing COM1 or COM2 will select transmit frequency. Maybe later on, after finishing other panel gauges, I'll revisit the KMA 28 and add the "test" function and make it work more like the C++ version.I'll bundle it up later this evening and post it here for folks to try out.Many thanks to Bill Morad for creating a .gau to provide the missing k-events!I'll also make the KFC 225 AP and the KX-155/165 radio sets available.