Sign in to follow this  
Guest harry3

TBM700

Guest harry3

Hi!I just wanted to know if anybody of you is working on a TBM700 aircraft? Because if yes, I'd maybe would make a panel for the TBM700.Happy flyingharry3[http://www.socata.com]

if you wanna start on the panel I can remake my TBM (I think... the original was for a payware project for FS 2000.. I gotta check some legalities) But its a good flyer.Brian

Guest harry3

Was the FS2000 Version in Flightline included? I think I once read something about it in FlightXPress!I'll start with the project today!harry3...who is just downloading the Operating Manual from Socata!

Guest harry3

I just noticed while programming some gauges, that the FS98 Aircraft I'm using doesn't use the Turboprop model of course, which was introduced in FS2000! Could you please send me your model(.air!!!+.mdl!!!), the other things(textures etc.) would be nice, but not important! My e-mail is: scheidl@ktvpillersee.atWould really be great to make a TBM700 for FS2002, because it's a small, but very powerfull aircraft.Btw: Have you already downloaded the Operating manual of the TBM700? Over 600pages, really interessant with which things real pilots are working!Best regardsharry3 :-wave

I can't send the air file since I didn't do the original one so I can't use the payware one for copyright reasons.... however just use a generic turboprop flight model (air file) for it and then final tweaks can be made to match up. I need to make an air file from scratch for this one.Brian

Guest harry3

But it would be possible for you to provide the .mdl to us, because you've made it??? I don't have any idea on how to make an airfile! Have you some experience in making air-files???Yesterday I started to make the Main Panel, today I've to make some more gauges for it. Next thing will then be the Pedestal console!There's the Engine Management: Power lever, the Condition lever, and a PROPELLER GOVERNOR LEVER??? What by god is this? Is it the same as the Propeller lever in the MSFS King Air350??? Best regardsharry3 :-sun1

Guest harry3

Here a first screenshot of the main panel. As you can see, there's still much to do! For example, the AP has to be programmed, the Fuel Flow gauge too, and also the Warning Lights. But all the other things seem to be finished. Next will be the Overheadpanel.@Brian_Gladden: What's about the copyright now? Would it be possible to share the model with th FS community?Best regardsharry3 :-sun1

Guest harry3

I'm now trying to programm the fuel tank selector! But it's never working! How must the code look like, to have this fuel selector type???->>left/right/offIs there no discription on how to make those complex looking things like this Value: (A:Fuel tank selector 1,enum) sp0 l0 0(*off*) == if{ 0 quit } l0 1(*left*) == if{ 2 quit } 1This code must be wrong, but I've no idea how to do this. Could you please tell me the right code and explain it a little bit!Here a picture of the current status, the Warnings must be programmed, but then the main panel would be finishd. The Overhead is finished too, but the Pedestal is the thing were everything is going wrong. I get -75% thrust(reverser), but such an airplane just should have about -25%,...Ahh...is the mixture lever of a prop-engine the same as the Condition lever of a turboprop in FS2002?best regardsharry3

>I'm now trying to programm the fuel tank selector! But it's >never working! How must the code look like, to have this >fuel selector type???->>left/right/off >Is there no discription on how to make those complex looking >things like this Value: (A:Fuel tank selector 1,enum) sp0 l0 >0(*off*) == if{ 0 quit } l0 1(*left*) == if{ 2 quit } 1 >>This code must be wrong, but I've no idea how to do this. >Could you please tell me the right code and explain it a >little bit! Why so complex? Here is what I'm using for the Socata TB20GT Trinidad's fuel selector. Rearranging the code for your purpose should be simple- - (*Fuel Tank Selector*) - - (A:Fuel Tank Selector 1,enum) - - - - - Right Fuel Tank(>K:FUEL_SELECTOR_RIGHT) (>K:TOGGLE_AFTERBURNER1)- Fuel Tank Off(>K:FUEL_SELECTOR_OFF) (>K:TOGGLE_AFTERBURNER1)- Left Fuel Tank(>K:FUEL_SELECTOR_LEFT) (>K:TOGGLE_AFTERBURNER1)Each of the various FUEL_SELECTOR_xxx K_events has a particular enum value returned. I'm only checking for the three I need, Left, Right, and OFF (The K:TOGGLE_AFTERBURNER1) simply adds a 'clicking noise.'I hope this helps

That {if} els{ } logics is needed if you need to use a rotary knob instead of separate images, in order to "rearrange" the numbers that is used to choose the angle of the knob rotation.Bill: Your code would probably "work", but I think a rotary switch is somewhat more pleasing to look at :)Anyway, the logics goes like this:If the selector output gives a value (which you can monitor in another gauge using strings or whatever), then the output should give another value. The following is the code for my own fuel selector gauge, but I use external tanks instead of mains to be able to crossfeed properly. In addition I'm preventing "all" to be selected, which is the default selection upon aircraft loading. Ok, here goes my rotary switch knob, image has already been set:(A:Fuel tank selector 1,enum) sp0 l0 0(*Off*) == if{ 0 quit } l0 1(*All*) == if{ 9 (*ForceLMain External1*) (>K:FUEL_SELECTOR_SET) 1 quit } l0 9(*LMain*) == if{ 1 quit } l0 4(*LAux*) == if{ 2 quit } 3Here is how to "read it":Store the tank mode for future use in register0. Load register0. Is it 0 (off)? If it is, the result to the nonlinearity table is assigned a 0, then quit (no need to try the rest anymore). Is register0 1 (*all*), then assign main external tank (9) and output 1 (main) and quit. Is register0 4 (*left aux tank selected*), then output 2 to the nonlinearity table and quit. If none of the above is it, then we just give the final possibility out, which is 3 (representing right crossfeed). Remember that in order to get 3, none of the previous {if}'s have triggered.Whatever is inside or (*comment*) are, well, comments I put in there to orientate myself when I worked on it. It's quite hard to understand all this when you begin, but you'll suddenly understand it when you try a lot :)The click system will assign the true values. Here I assign the value for the main tank, but which in my case is the external tank, like:9 (>K:FUEL_SELECTOR_SET)Left Tank Selector Left MainThis code works for me, but I'm not claiming it to be bulletproof :) I.e., I'm not sure why I use sp0 instead of s0, but... :D How things are handled on the stack is beyond me, it sure doesn't operate like any other stackbased programming language I've been into. You apparantly don't need a value to assign an event and so forth. Any other RPN stack based programming language would cause a crash, but FS2002 interpreter seem to handle them beyond expectations.Hope this was useful for some.

Well, I just spotted something in the code:Value: (A:Fuel tank selector 1,enum) sp0 l0 0(*off*) == if{ 0 quit } l0 1(*left*) == if{ 2 quit } 11 equals all tanks btw, not left.Try setting it up so that it goes sequentially, instead of back and forth between values. I'm not sure that's the real problem, but it would be easier to follow...Something like:(A:Fuel tank selector 1,enum) sp0 l0 0(*off*) == if{ 0 quit } l0 2(*left*) == if{ 1 quit } 2For nonlinearity table:0, x for off, y for off.1, x for left, y for all.2, x for right, y for left.The 1 quit commands is the value given to the nonlinearity table.The 1 == if commands is the value read from the selector.I haven't checked this, so it may contain errors, but hopefully point you on the right track.

>That {if} els{ } logics is needed if you need to use a >rotary knob instead of separate images, in order to >"rearrange" the numbers that is used to choose the angle of >the knob rotation. >>Bill: Your code would probably "work", but I think a rotary >switch is somewhat more pleasing to look at :) It's always nice to have an alternative way of doing things.But, there ain't no 'probably' about the code I gave, as it does work quite well for a rotary knob as well as a 3PCO switch... It's all in keeping with my devotion to the KISS principle... :)Bill

Guest harry3

There's much to do this week in (real) life.I'll try it on the weekend and will write if it has worked.So, stay tuned for some more questions ;) *I'll be back*harry3

Guest harry3

So, the Fuel selector is working now, also some other things like Digital Fuel Flow and Throttels were programmed. I get -75% reverse, if i pull the power lever full to the back, even if the Minimum is -0.25!!! Is this because of the flightmodel(.air), or just a mistake in the Gauge code???I want to make a rising runway(RRW) for my EADI. There'll be one Value which tells the RRW-bitmap to move left/right(the LOC-indicator), and one Value telling the up/down(radar alt inputs). The right/left thing is easy to do, but what's about the up/down-movement. How should the Value look like? (A:GROUND ALTITUDE, feet)And it should just be visible below a RA of 2500ft. (A:GROUND ALTITUDE, feet) 2500 < Should I put all in one Value, or should I put it in 2 different? And what's about the nonlinearity table? I think I'll need 2, one for the RA, a second for the LOC?! I hope you can help me,Best regardsHarry :-sun1

Guest harry3

Nobody an answer on ho to make a Rising runway???