Sign in to follow this  
Guest eko

XML Programmers --- FYI text editor

Just saw a recommendation from the "Screensavers" TV show about the use of "NoteTab" as a replacement text editor.. Just downloaded and tried out... VERY, VERY impressive. By using the favorites tab you can populate all your gauge projects and reference txt docs for easy access..Instant button to check XML in IE, Multiple txt docs open at the same time etc... Whats more is that there's a Library/Clipbook that has many usefull functions.. Programmable also.. Could be programmed to have things like empty code templates, librarys of A: & K: vars and so on.. http://www.fookes.com/notetab/index.htmlRegards,RomanProject 737-400

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Guest eko

I also use Textpad... save workspaces to be your projects. Works great.Having Textpad clip libraries of all the functions in the SDK would be huge. But, it would probably take a while. I might have a look at Arnes document, which is in text format with one value per line, and see if creating a clip library from that with a macro might not be easier.

Guest eko

Creating a macro that would format the SDK lists wasn't bad at all. I got 90% of the process automated and it went fairly quickly. I also did the HelpID's, which involved some more search and replace in addition to the formatting macro, but overall, it was all about one hours worth of work.These clip libraries for Textpad now give you the ability to have all the SDK commands in a list which you can double click to have that command entered at the cursor position in your document.Does anybody find this interesting enough for me to package them and make them available? It's really only useful for Textpad folks, I would think. However, it might want to make you switch to Textpad to do your XML editing, if you have these clip libraries available.A couple of screenies, so you can see what I'm talking about.A:http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/Us...3641bc692e8.jpgK: (Events)http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/Us...39c1bff6ef5.jpg HelpID'shttp://www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/Us...3851bee3af7.jpgUnitshttp://www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/Us...3b81c0e3f1f.jpgJust let me know if you want these.PS, now that I think about it, it might not be so hard to take the .dtd file and make a clip library of all the syntax elements. I'll check into it.

Eko, Wowsa !!! If textpad works in the same way I'be switching over.. You got the idea.. And I'm behind you fully. Even more so, is it possible to have a pre-made "self-decribed blank" library ?? for example a template of a needle.... "Where "#" = a user entry spot?##Having sections like this ( Not so complex either ) available would make "raw" XML coding a breeze. TextPad to be test driven tomorrow...And would love to test drive what you have already.... Can you say.. XML gauge factory ? LOL!! Regards,RomanProject 737-400

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Guest stang

I for one would like the package. Just upload it to avsim for all to use. Thanks for your efforts.Terry

Guest eko

Yes, you can have a clipboard entry contain as much information as you want. I could make a clipboard entry which produces EXACTLY what you have typed up there, and you could add it to a blank document simply by double clicking the clipboard entry.You could call the clipboard entry "XML Skeleton", or something like that.Ok, I will put together a small zip file and upload it to the AVSIM library. Please give me any feedback here on this thread after you have a chance to try it out. THX!UPDATE:Uploaded to the AVSIM library. Should be available shortly.

Guest eko

Anybody had a chance to try them out? Any comments/suggestions/improvements you can think of?