Sign in to follow this  

XML Gauges et al..

I am working on some vertical fuel quantity gauges, and I stuck when it comes to figuring out how the placement of the needle is figured out. Say my background image is 135 pixels high and 75 pixels wide. Full is at the top, Empty at the bottom, and there are incremental markings for 3/4 1/2 1/4. How do I figure out the placement of the needle for those markings? Do I plot it out in Paint shop pro, and transpose the reading into the gauge? I am stuck at this point. I have looked at the Baron fuel quantity gauge, it specifies the variable of rotate, and I figured out I need to use shift. But its the X Y coordinate stuff that is driving me bonkers.Thanks Dave

I figured that part out too, its just the needle placement in relation to the incremental marks on the bitmap that have driven me to near insanity. :)Dave

Guest Matthias Lieberecht

Hi Dave,Yes, it's the best way if you're using a Paint Programm to get the positions. For example:(A:Fuel tank left main level,part)The X and Y positions are the positions in your Gauge Bitmap that defines normally the end of the needle corresponding to the value. It's not really the end of needle more a direction of it but you are on the save side using the position of the needle. In the example X="26" Y="43" defines the endposition of the needle with 75% fuel. 26 and 43 are the points of your Gauge Bitmap so it's the best searching for the Bitmap measure in a Paint Programm.Best regardsMatthias

Matthias,Thanks a million. I did just that after I made the initial post...helps when you expend a few more brain cells just trying :)Thanks again.Dave