Sign in to follow this  

XML - Stuck on ADF

I've been working on one of the last pieces for the Socata Panel Project, which is a KR 87 ADF.So far, I've been unsuccessful in figuring out how to accomplish two tasks.1) Adjust the fractional tuning - .0 to .52) Provide continuous tuning +/-There seems to be no XML K: events to enable this, but even more curiously, I've been unable to determine the C++ k_events either! Obviously, there must be *some* way to do both #1 and #2, since gauges exists which do it! But, I'll be darned if I can discover how... I did read a 'hint' in Dai's gauge tutorial which made reference to tuning actually being done by the RMI, but that wasn't enough 'help' to get through my mental fog...Can anyone help?

Guest bartels

1) and 2): start from the present state of ADF frequency, add the increment (decrement) and use the _SET commands which are:ADF_SETADF_EXTENDED_SETADF_HIGHRANGE_SETADF_LOWRANGE_SETThe both first need rather complicated arguments (that means I have to look it up).The both last need "only a simple" argument in BCD without the highest digit (0x1234 sets with ADF_HIGHRANGE_SET ADF to 1123.4, whereas with ADF_LOWRANGE_SET 0123.4 results). I know I placed a decimal <-> BCD conversion here on the forum some time ago, please search by yourself.2): Several possibilities:-a combination of (>K:ADF) (>K:PLUS) or minus-(>ADF_1_INC) and .._DEC might work for the whole rangeArne Bartels

I know I placed a decimal ><-> BCD conversion here on the forum some time ago, please >search by yourself. >2): > Several possibilities: >-a combination of (>K:ADF) (>K:PLUS) or minus >-(>ADF_1_INC) and .._DEC might work for the whole >range Thank you Arne, however, you may as well have written it in Greek. No, that's not quite right, since I can read Greek. OK, ancient Sumerian then... :)I went back and read (and printed out) the float to BCD conversion, but it hasn't sunk into that mass of jello that passes for my brain. :(I just don't know enough about the blasted syntax of XML to make this work.

>I've been working on one of the last pieces for the Socata >Panel Project, which is a KR 87 ADF. >>So far, I've been unsuccessful in figuring out how to >accomplish two tasks. >>1) Adjust the fractional tuning - .0 to .5 >>2) Provide continuous tuning +/-Well, I finally got past my mental block and figured out an easy way to implement #2. Unless someone objects strenuously, I'm going to use this for #1 as well (fractional tuning)... :) (A:ADF1 Active Frequency, Kilohertz) 999.9 < if{ (L:ADFX1,number) (>K:ADF_LOWRANGE_SET) } els{ (L:ADFX1,number) (>K:ADF_HIGHRANGE_SET) }(A:ADF1 Active Frequency, Kilohertz) 1000 > if{ (L:ADFX2,number) (>K:ADF_HIGHRANGE_SET) } els{ (L:ADFX2,number) (>K:ADF_LOWRANGE_SET) }

I don't think your XML accounts for a value of 1000 exactly. You may need to modify your less than or greater than value to account for this possible value.Robb