Sign in to follow this  
Cessnaflyer

Finally after a few short weeks since my commercial

I can be called a Certified Flight Instructor! Boy I never thought I would ever make it to that level of knowledge!

Haha, I'll be staying here teaching for my college and the Boeing club when I have time.I think Houston is a little to warm for me. It is only 90 degrees right now and I can't take our usual heat here in Washington for the summer.

Guest christianholmes

Congrats dude-How many hours do you have now? Are you going for the CFII? Even though I have no interest in aviation as a career (doesn't pay enough now that I'm 35 and well established) I would LOVE to be a part time instructor because I LOVE flying, and LOVE teaching. I would love nothing more than to teach people how to fly.Cherish every moment with every student- remember they were all naive starry-eyed pupils like you were at one point! There is nothing I hate more than an instructor who is just "building hours"- You will build the hours no matter how you act, so try to be the best instructor in the universe, and you may someday have accomplished pilots calling you up and thanking you for all you gave them.Since I am still that starry-eyed student, if you make it up to the northeast, I'd love to let you sit in the right seat at shoot the bull :)

I have 263.7 hours currently and I will be doing my CFII and MEI in the fall. I should be instructing for around 2 years before I leave here for better skies.

Guest CRJ700FO

>I have 263.7 hours currently and I will be doing my CFII and>MEI in the fall. I should be instructing for around 2 years>before I leave here for better skies.i would recommend doing them together in one ride, a nice and easier way to do it.what is "better skies"?congrats. join NAFI.

Better skies as in a little bit more then $12 an hour. I would like to do them in one ride but I can get it for a little cheaper if I do them seperately which sounds weird but it's the way it works around here.

Guest CRJ700FO

>Better skies as in a little bit more then $12 an hour. I>would like to do them in one ride but I can get it for a>little cheaper if I do them seperately which sounds weird but>it's the way it works around here.its pretty sad, but you qualify now for jobs at:Trans StatesPiedmontPSA

I was thinking about (don't shoot me) Mesa. Most everyone hates it but it can't be that bad you can get jet time! ;) I feel though that I have to instruct and pay it back what others have helped me with.

Guest CRJ700FO

>I was thinking about (don't shoot me) Mesa. Most everyone>hates it but it can't be that bad you can get jet time! ;) >>I feel though that I have to instruct and pay it back what>others have helped me with.get me a gun chris as i have to shoot you before allowing that torture to take place!DO NOT GO THERE, PLEASE!i was once in your shoes and made the same mistake (although i had 1500hrs at that point). you will be working for quite possibly the worst boss in the country and he is also the anti-christ, JO. i lasted a year before i left to eagle (and i was a captain). it ain't pretty.skywest is your best bet right now. expressjet treats people well. piedmont really isn't that bad. eagle is a great experience, but a horrible upgrade time. avoid mesa, gojet, tsa like the plague.

If I had my choice I would like to stay in the Northwest and go to Horizon or commute over to GEG and fly for expressjet but right now those are both popular places that are next to impossible to get on with my times I have.

Guest CRJ700FO

>If I had my choice I would like to stay in the Northwest and>go to Horizon or commute over to GEG and fly for expressjet>but right now those are both popular places that are next to>impossible to get on with my times I have.Good luck. Let me know if you want to talk to some people at ExpressJet. I know many a captain there.

Guest airbus2

Congratulations!I havnt been around here as much as usual but its nice seeing people progress and achieve their aims.I wish you all the best, what i would give to be so much closer to an airline career!Dave

>>If I had my choice I would like to stay in the Northwest>and>>go to Horizon or commute over to GEG and fly for expressjet>>but right now those are both popular places that are next to>>impossible to get on with my times I have.>>Good luck. Let me know if you want to talk to some people at>ExpressJet. I know many a captain there.I would love to be working at ExpressJet I feel it would be a problem though without having a 4-year degree and I don't know how hard it would be to commute as a reserve pilot to where ever my base might be.

>Congratulations!>>I havnt been around here as much as usual but its nice seeing>people progress and achieve their aims.>>I wish you all the best, what i would give to be so much>closer to an airline career!>>DaveIt is a great feeling to know that I can now pass down the joys of flight to new students.