Sign in to follow this  
jrhoads

EAA and FS2004 Enthusiast & Developer absence

Guest andyman

I was just at Airventure 2007 at the EAA, and I'd just like to point out that I barely saw any official FS companies/groups there. Yes, there were a few computers where people with little FS experience could try to tolerate FSX.. but that is sponsored by Microsoft and CH Products.I saw one major add-on company.Can anyone guess who?....Surprisingly, Flight1 Software had a booth setup.It looked like they had a few PC's running FS9 with some plane with G1000 equipment, and were promoting the "Using Flight Simulator as a Training Aid" book. I passed by when they were closing 15 minutes before everyone else, and was told to come back tomorrow. :-boomI was expecting for Avsim to have something, no matter how small their set-up could have been.On a side note, I enjoyed this year's Airventure. It had a lot of interesting things to look at, walk through, and drool over. :(

Our own Owen Hewitt is manning the FSX Kiosk this week and I was there Monday and Tuesday. On a side note, Hal Bryan asked and we setup all of our FSX Product line on at least two computers in the FSX Kiosk:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

>I was just at Airventure 2007 at the EAA, >I saw one major add-on company.>>Can anyone guess who?>Surprisingly, Flight1 Software had a booth setup. I passed by when they were closing 15 minutes before everyone else, and was told to come>back tomorrow. :-boom>Hi Andy,Flight1 has been attending Osh as vendors for about 7 years now. However, for the last few it has been our sister company Flight1 Aviation Technologies - http://www.flight1tech.com F1 Tech specializes in advanced applications for the training and safety industry and some of them run on the FS platform. We were showing our Avidyne Student program which is the most advanced simulation of the Avidyne system available to date. We were also showing our Avidyne PFD multi-media training courseware and our upcoming Virtual Instructor Station Pro.Other notes... I believe one day we left about 4 minutes early so that we could beat the mass exodus crowd for a scheduled meeting but I do not recall telling anyone to come back (or leave 15 min early) Maybe your watch was off. :)Regards,Jim RhoadsFlight1 Tech p.s... the Flight1 / AOPA Cardinal was also being displayed at the Microsoft FSX booth... Our thanks to Hal, Mike and Roy.