Sign in to follow this  
Guest JamieG

Need some reccommendations

Guest JamieG

Hi I am beginning a Learjet 45 Panel project (hopefully i will not find it impossible-so i am not promissing anythin) and i need some good reccommendations on what programs and stuff i need to learn howto make a panel... I am fimiilair with programming but i would like to know a little bit more. I am hoping to make it as good as the ERJ panel and hopefully inculde a FMS in it. I have easy access to every detail of a learjet 45 so i am not worried about realism or systems logic. I have the SDK I was hoping to learn like whats a good program to use to complie the source code and if thres any What you seee is what you get kinda things. Thanks a ton

Hey Jamie,that's really a great idea making a completely new Learjet panel from scratch :-)!!! Well I've just seen your post in the PSS forum so I came here coz I think this is a better place... PSS uses Lightwave for their panel bitmaps, that is a 3d modelling program. The complete panel is being modelled in 3d and then the bitmaps get rendered. But I assume it's extremly time consuming if you're not familiar with 3d modelling...But to the programs: for compiling you can use Microsoft Visual C++ (far too expensive) or Borland BCC 5.5 (free, 8 MB, available at www.borland.com). I personally use BCC (I'm also at the beginning of gauge programming... ;-)).And the SDK alone is quite useless IMHO... You should get sd2gau12.zip from Dai Griffiths. That's the best (and only?) documentation for C gauges. :-) Go get it!!!I really look forward to the result of this project!Cheers! :-beerchughttp://flightsimmers.net/airport/etti/signature_pro.jpgEDITWhoooops!! The hell, I've been away for two weeks, just saw at the very bottom of FlightSim.Com's news list there's a newrevision of sd2gau12.zip! :-hah All right then, get sd2gau13.zip from FlightSim.Com or such... :-) Good luck my friend! :-)

Guest Eugen

Hi,Go to http://www.simugold.fsnet.co.uk/gauge.htmland download the file rdbgau01.zip gauges for Learjet with source code in cSomething to start with :-)There is also a software called easygauge that you can try to create gauges.BrgdsEugen

Also you will need either Cfg Edit (Freeware)or FS Panel Panel Studio (Payware, but well worth the money since it can read the new XML Gauges) for panel gauge position editing.Brian

I highy recommend getting Visual C++ if you don't already have it. IMHO, it is the best platform for developing gauges. It can be found on eBay for $50. Like Etienne said, get Dai Griffith's gauge tutorial. Also, once you get used to programming gauges, you will use the MS SDK a lot more.Good luck! :)Matt

Guest JamieG

thanks a ton everybody just got back intown am working on your suggestions right now