Sign in to follow this  
Guest jlwoodward

My Duck's Flying Away!! Can't Slow It Down!!

Guest jlwoodward

If you use FSedit, find the slider for parasite drag and increase the value. Parasite drag increases exponentially with speed, so the plane will quickly run out of power to overcome it. Also, check the section on engine parameters to see if you have the right values.You can do all this with Notepad if you know where to look.John Woodward

Guest Heather 636

Thank you JohnThe parsasitic drag did the trick!Now, just a few more finishing touches and this bird will be done.By the way, I am getting ready to download SDLedit, but before I pull out any more hair in frustration, do you know if this can make the wheels on an older FS2000 model rotate, or are they a fixed object?Thanks!Heather

Guest jlwoodward

Glad that worked. I used it for 2 planes but didn't know if it would work a third time or if I was just dumb and lucky.Duck - is that the one that looks like a plane on a shoe?Still working on getting the wheels to rotate - see other post. I think that you have to have the FSDS model files in order to use it, but it should work for 2000.John Woodward