Sign in to follow this  
PeterR

Triggering FX Functions

I installed Entienne's gauge but it's not triggering. I have the gauge in the panel.cfg, the .gau file in the gauges folder, and it's entered as posted. I put it in window 00 and set it to coordinates 0, 0. Is there a visual part that I have to click or something?

Maybe. I used gauge33 since the last one in that window is gauge32. I'll try those coordinates and let you know what happens.I've had to pretty much scrap my original effect and start again from scratch because the effects engine doesn't orient to the aircraft the way it should.Stay tuned...

Hey Peter,Heather and I we've solved the problems, Heather can you please send Peter the updated aircraft.cfg, panel.cfg and the effect.gau when you're back from work? That would be cool since I don't have the whole configuration files.And about the dynamic RPM change... Wow! That's too hard for me (YET)... I tried around a bit but my compiler died when attempting to push the source code thru it... :-hangAs far as Heather has reported in the latest messages, everything is working fine. We don't use the smoke system any longer because the vertical placement is impossible. Instead of this we use the beacon slot (as I call it...), that had the (as we mean) nice consequence that the 'real' beacon light is now triggered together with the strobes by pressing the 'O' key.This was a real nice project for me! Maybe we'll together do something more in the future... :-smooch BTW - When is is gonna be released?Best regardshttp://flightsimmers.net/airport/etti/signature_pro.jpgEtienneEDDFetienne@spindler.dePS. Ah darn! I still have no new webspace - do you know any good (and free) alternative to flightsimmers.net? I tried angelcities.com but the sites will be removed when they are 'pure image sites' or when they are used primary for file hosting... Nuffin for me then... :-

Thanks Etienne. Don't worry about the dynamic RPMs. A fixed RPM will work just fine for now. I don't know when the plane will be released. I'm trying to get my effect working and hopefully this round will do what I want it to.As for free space for file hosting, I don't know. That's usually frowned upon by most free web sites.